Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astros4ws)
    whats with the hostility, i was only being sarcastic with my "its cos they want me so much" anyway.
    I think it rose from the arrogance you have shown in previous posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarco)
    I think it rose from the arrogance you have shown in previous posts.
    arrogance?

ReputationRep:
    arrogance?
    Yup sorry, I don't know whether you meant it but a number of comments made in previous posts have seemed very arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzle)
    Yup sorry, I don't know whether you meant it but a number of comments made in previous posts have seemed very arrogant.
    like what? im sarcastic so u probably misunderstood, im not an arrogant person really.

ReputationRep:
    like what? im sarcastic so u probably misunderstood, im not an arrogant person really.

OK, let's start again, just beware of what you are saying.

I was referring to the Teddy Hall/ Earth Science post.

Bloomin hell between you and Sarco are all Geologists sarcy buggers?!

ReputationRep:
    OK, let's start again, just beware of what you are saying.

I was referring to the Teddy Hall/ Earth Science post.

Bloomin hell between you and Sarco are all Geologists sarcy buggers?!
    Yeah forget everything we've all said. Though what's this about being sarcstic? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarco)
    Yeah forget everything we've all said. Though what's this about being sarcstic? :confused:
    I remember you saying that you were to explain your login, although in real life you weren't at all.

I think I was probably more sarcastic than you

ReputationRep:
    I remember you saying that you were to explain your login, although in real life you weren't at all.

I think I was probably more sarcastic than you
    Oh yeah, must have let that slip sometime.

They were the good old days, interviews 2003. How many of the 5 that applied to St. Annes do you think got in? Everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarco)
    Oh yeah, must have let that slip sometime.

They were the good old days, interviews 2003. How many of the 5 that applied to St. Annes do you think got in? Everyone?
    I was on Stan's website recently and looked at the Earth Science stuff, the notes said that there were 3 places for earth sci. - I was sure it was 4 before - am I mistaken or did it change.

I hope that girl didn't get in!

The good old days, what 2.5 weeks ago!

ReputationRep:
    We could have picked up ones that applied to other colleges too.

ReputationRep:
    I was on Stan's website recently and looked at the Earth Science stuff, the notes said that there were 3 places for earth sci. - I was sure it was 4 before - am I mistaken or did it change.

I hope that girl didn't get in!

The good old days, what 2.5 weeks ago!
    The tutor for our college Porcelli said that they accepted 4 last year. However, it can be anything between 2 and 4. So could just be you and that girl this year .

Anyway time to sleep, have a good weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarco)
    However, it can be anything between 2 and 4. So could just be you and that girl this year .

Anyway time to sleep, have a good weekend.
    :eek:

Yeah you too.

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer of AAB for geog with my a levels being history, geog, english...perhpas the thought english wasnt relavent? who knows, im just pleased i got an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rusty)
    i got an offer of AAB for geog with my a levels being history, geog, english...perhpas the thought english wasnt relavent? who knows, im just pleased i got an offer
    Congratulations, which college is that for?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Downing at Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    I've got an AAB offer for MML at Downing.

ReputationRep:
    I got AAB for Maths, I think it's just because it's not Trinity.

I don't mean to be rude but aren't AHs meant to be rather easier than Alevels, hence the allowing Alevel students to skip the first year in some Scottish Universities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)

I don't mean to be rude but aren't AHs meant to be rather easier than Alevels, hence the allowing Alevel students to skip the first year in some Scottish Universities?
    I got AAB +1,1 on STEP from Trinity. I'd much rather have had AAA+1,2 on STEP though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    I got AAB +1,1 on STEP from Trinity. I'd much rather have had AAA+1,2 on STEP though.
    I think if you get AAA + 1,2 Trinity will still take you in, since 1,1 is such a hard offer to meet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)

It's Highers that are easier than Advanced Highers (Highers are the equivalent of AS I think). Advanced Highers let you skip first year at some places too.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.