Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just_Izzy)
    Profesh!
    I am mentor on the merits of true, complete and utter self-imposed isolation; the trick lies in making it look self-imposed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    In a little while?

Ok then, quick questions: where did you go to? How was it?
    Okie dokes...

First Turkey with my whole family - was really hot and quite a nice relaxing week after the stress of exams but generally a bit too dull for me.

Then came back for 2 days before going to China and HK with my Dad - pretty eye opening experience to see the culture clashes within China (modern infulences from the west set against old-fashioned traditional scenes etc) and HK was cool as well but I've been there before so wasn't much of a shock to me as it was before when I was just overwhelmed by the huge buildings and amazing skyline

Then I came back for another 2 days before flying out with a couple of friends to go backpacking around europe (well some of it)... theres way too much to tell right now so ask another time but basically we did this:
    Home - Copenhagen - Hamburg - Berlin -(12hrs on a train!)- Vienna - Munich - Frankfurt - Cologne (only for a few hours) - Dortmund - Home

Anyway I must be off

I'll say what happened on the eurotrip later and you can tell me about your going to Russia (if I remember correctly!...if not I look like a right fool )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    and izzy murdered it
    i can sing thank you very much!

i was sandy in grease! :p:

ReputationRep:
    bleh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    Okie dokes...

First Turkey with my whole family - was really hot and quite a nice relaxing week after the stress of exams but generally a bit too dull for me.

Then came back for 2 days before going to China and HK with my Dad - pretty eye opening experience to see the culture clashes within China (modern infulences from the west set against old-fashioned traditional scenes etc) and HK was cool as well but I've been there before so wasn't much of a shock to me as it was before when I was just overwhelmed by the huge buildings and amazing skyline

Then I came back for another 2 days before flying out with a couple of friends to go backpacking around europe (well some of it)... theres way too much to tell right now so ask another time but basically we did this:
    Home - Copenhagen - Hamburg - Berlin -(12hrs on a train!)- Vienna - Munich - Frankfurt - Cologne (only for a few hours) - Dortmund - Home

Anyway I must be off

I'll say what happened on the eurotrip later and you can tell me about your going to Russia (if I remember correctly!...if not I look like a right fool )
    :eek:
    Sounds amazing!

Ok, so later then, and you don't look like a fool, I did go to Russia

Good night

ReputationRep:
    Good night crazy foolios

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    Good night crazy foolios
    night :hello:

ReputationRep:
    i can sing thank you very much!

i was sandy in grease! :p:
    Grease arg! Most embarrassing thing I've ever done... volunteered to be an extra and ended up having to dance holding a beach ball while wearing a 50s bathing suit (opening scene too! :mad: )

ReputationRep:
    Grease arg! Most embarrassing thing I've ever done... volunteered to be an extra and ended up having to dance holding a beach ball while wearing a 50s bathing suit (opening scene too! :mad: )
    look... you didn't have to sing 'hopelessly devoted to you' with the whole of the school telling me to 'get my tits out...'

granted, it was my own fault... but... still...

(i haven't explained this story properly... it must sound VERY strange...)

ReputationRep:
    look... you didn't have to sing 'hopelessly devoted to you' with the whole of the school telling me to 'get my tits out...'

granted, it was my own fault... but... still...

(i haven't explained this story properly... it must sound VERY strange...)
    It does indeed

So explain it then, why did you make people at your school scream "get your tits out" while you sang "hopelessly devoted to you" (which, I'm sorry, but is the most boring song in the play)

And dancing on stage like that in front of the school wasn't that easy either :mad:

ReputationRep:
    it does, yes, but we would love to hear it...

p.s. much better tonite izzy - then again, when it was bewitched before....

ReputationRep:
    It does indeed

So explain it then, why did you make people at your school scream "get your tits out" while you sang "hopelessly devoted to you" (which, I'm sorry, but is the most boring song in the play)

And dancing on stage like that in front of the school wasn't that easy either :mad:
    its an old joke... people knew me to be a bit strange, and myself and my friends used to shout it out randomly in lesson etc etc... along with other catch phrases

(its weird to explain, but it was a boarding school... so that should give us some allowances! :p: )

Anyway, since i was up on stage, people decided to get their own back and heckle me...

(and yes, it must have been hard for you to... i sympathise... )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    I am mentor on the merits of true, complete and utter self-imposed isolation; the trick lies in making it look self-imposed.
    Think hard before you again take my name in vain; wench.

ReputationRep:
    its an old joke... people knew me to be a bit strange, and myself and my friends used to shout it out randomly in lesson etc etc... along with other catch phrases

(its weird to explain, but it was a boarding school... so that should give us some allowances! :p: )

Anyway, since i was up on stage, people decided to get their own back and heckle me...

(and yes, it must have been hard for you to... i sympathise... )
    Lol. so you'd yell "get your breasts out" in the middle of class?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Profesh.

Entertain me. I'm bored.

ReputationRep:
    You quoted yourself?

Now that's "self-imposed isolation" :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol. so you'd yell "get your breasts out" in the middle of class?! :eek:
    Thing is yea, I kinda... loud... and um... well... althought I'm not as much a ho as would appear, I actually am how I am on TSR!

ReputationRep:
    Thing is yea, I kinda... loud... and um... well... althought I'm not as much a ho as would appear, I actually am how I am on TSR!
    You are?
    God, I'd like to meet you!
    Meh. I'm boring

ReputationRep:
    You quoted yourself?

Now that's "self-imposed isolation" :p:
    Call it an instinctual self-defence mechanism, if you will.

ReputationRep:
    Profesh.

Entertain me. I'm bored.
    Then it's lucky dip time: hurrah, huzzah, and whatnot.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.