Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is super tall and super thin. He can't wear size "small" tops because they show off his stomach, but he can't wear any larger sizes because they are too baggy and look silly. I'm always ordering things for him from on-line places like Lands End because they do special tall sizes (though only from size medium and up), but it drives me crazy. I'd love to be able to go into a shop and get him a shirt that catches my eye. Does anyone know of shops in the UK that sell funny sized clothes for funny sized men?

ReputationRep:
    funny sized? Nice way to put it. Not.

How tall is he?

ReputationRep:
    Yes but he IS funny sized! He is 6'5" but has (according to the doctor who he sees for cronic back problems) an "unusually long upper body" which makes buying trousers easy, but tops impossible. He has a 35 inch chest, so everything looks really baggy and unflattering. For work he has suits and shirts tailored, but I think its silly to pay for alterations on casual clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to put on some beef !

ReputationRep:
    I dont think there is that funny sized clothes.

Tell him eat more, then sleep after that, that really did to me to be fatter.

And now im thinking how to get rid of these fat

ReputationRep:
    shop in High and Mighty

ReputationRep:
    im 6'2" and skinny but i dont think big tshirts make me look stupid because they are baggy, i normally go for an xl tshirt or l on some occassions but i have trouble with trousers because i dont want to show my skinny legs of but have trouble getting jeans to look baggy but not too baggy lol

ReputationRep:
    agreed with narb, get some food down him.

ReputationRep:
    james101 - you might be surprised if you try wearing smaller sizes how much bulkier you look. He used to wear XL too, in part because he felt better covering up his thin frame, but I put a stop to that five years ago because wearing properly fitted clothing makes everyone look better - just like heavy people wearing clothing three times too small makes them look even heavier, thin people wearing big clothes makes them look thinner. Lots of men fret unnecessarily about being too thin. Of course being underweight isn't healthy, but sometimes you can't do anything about it, so you may as well not spend your whole life shrouded in baggy clothes.

ReputationRep:
    meh, tell him to beef up? perhaps he has the same problem as me, I'm 6ft5, and I eat an unbelievable amount of stuff... but still cannot and never have been able to put on any weight. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ok I tried this solution a year ago.
    Tell him to turn into a guy of extreme lazyness.
    EAT, SLEEP, NO SPORTS, ABSOLUTE MINIMUM WORK, MASSIV DRINKING...
    Worked for me... but now im still very lazy so b careful of the bad side effects it can hav...

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar problem but I'm not that tall. About 5'11" but my legs and arms seem to be quite long in proportion to the rest of my body. Buying trousers/jeans are a bit of a problem sometimes as they're either too long or too tight. And I buy medium for full sized tops and small for short sleeved which is a bit odd.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think wearing big clothes makes you look even skinnier, of course if you wear massive clothes they will be i feel comfortable wearing bigger clothes rather than ones that are smaller because it highlights the fact you are skinny which im trying to avoid plus you look like a wimp lol.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.