Turn on thread page Beta

SATII after SL Physics watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For most of the colleges that I want to apply to (in the US,) they require that I take a Math SATII and a Science SATII. I can't figure out what to do for my Science SATII, since I took SL Physics last year, and due to lack of teaching in the class I was only able to scrape out a 4. I am also in my 2nd year of HL Biology, but am absolutely terrible at it. I earn As or Bs, but usually without a clue as to what I am doing. I was wondering if anyone know how the HL Bio curriculum caters to the SATII Bio, or if it would be smarter for me to review some physics and take the SATII Physics.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm a US high school student, so I'm not exactly sure how your coursework corresponds to the SAT II... but my reccomendation for you is to look at prep books for both of those SAT IIs. The prep books review the material on the exams, so you'll get a feel for which exam will be easier for you. They also have practice exams. Most people taking the exams in the US prep for them or at least use a book to refresh their memory of the material... some people have never even taken a relevant class and learn everything from the prep books. I HIGHLY reccomend you get your hands on a prep book so you know what to expect. This may be difficult in the UK, but you can always order from amazon and pay for international shipping... I know a pain, but probably worth it. Any of the prep books will suit your purposes; I've used Princeton Review, and they seem to be pretty solid.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.