Turn on thread page Beta

Cornwall and Dorset - the best holiday place of 2004 watch

ReputationRep:
    What do you all think of this?

I've always wanted to go to Cornwall or Dorset, they look so nice, and I like seeing different places anyway. I thought a foreign country would win, it's very surprising.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Oh and this is my 2000th POST!

ReputationRep:
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

oH, and the Overlord title now makes me feel all inferior.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)

I've always wanted to go to Cornwall or Dorset, they look so nice, and I like seeing different places anyway. I thought a foreign country would win, it's very surprising.

congrats and cornwall is a nice place so i have heard but i dont hear much about dorset

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, thanks.

One problem, in the title it's meant to say 2003 not 2004. Can a mod change this, please?

ReputationRep:

Well I live in Cornwall and definately wouldn't rate as the best hoilday destination in the UK let alone the world. It is nice in terms of sceenery but that is about it!

oh yeah - Congrats on the post count!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Well I live in Cornwall and definately wouldn't rate as the best hoilday destination in the UK let alone the world. It is nice in terms of sceenery but that is about it!
    Well you're very lucky to live there. It looks very nice.

ReputationRep:
    They're not bad. Newquay is decent, and theres a lovely little beach further up from there (port summat or the other.) Not the best place in the world, but yes definately a nice place in Britain to go for a holiday. North Wales is nice as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)

oh yeah - Congrats on the post count!!
    maybe if you never lived there and had never been there before you might of liked it a bit more.But when you live in in the same place it gets very boring.(why arent my posts spam?)
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Dorrrset, North Cornwall and North Devon are some of my favourite places in the UK (along with London, Liverpool, the Lakes, the Midlands, Scotland, Yorkshire, Hampshire, Wiltshire etc etc etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    maybe if you never lived there and had never been there before you might of liked it a bit more.But when you live in in the same place it gets very boring.(why arent my posts spam?)
    The beaches do look very nice indeed. I guess you'er just sick of Cornwall Nicolas.

ReputationRep:
    I live in south Devon, and I suppose it would be nice for holidaymakers in terms of scenery and the like (nearby beaches, countryside, Dartmoor National Park).

Living here is another matter though... finding things to do on a regular basis is difficult, the amenities are quickly exhausted.

Then you just have sheep to torment.

ReputationRep:
    The beaches do look very nice indeed. I guess you'er just sick of Cornwall Nicolas.
    im bored of birkenhead.There is nothing to do at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    I live in south Devon, and I suppose it would be nice for holidaymakers in terms of scenery and the like (nearby beaches, countryside, Dartmoor National Park).

Living here is another matter though... finding things to do on a regular basis is difficult, the amenities are quickly exhausted.

Then you just have sheep to torment.
    Lol...so is day to day life boring then?

I can just imagine going to the beach everyday...

ReputationRep:
    Lol...so is day to day life boring then?

I can just imagine going to the beach everyday...
    That is an advantage I guess. There are about five decent beaches within 15 miles radius from here.

To be fair, I've never lived in a city so I can't compare the level of boredom.

We backward folk just presume it's a hub of 24/7 city life. *chews on straw*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    That is an advantage I guess. There are about five decent beaches within 15 miles radius from here.

To be fair, I've never lived in a city so I can't compare the level of boredom.

We backward folk just presume it's a hub of 24/7 city life. *chews on straw*
    how many crabs go in your house

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    how many crabs go in your house
    To my knowledge, none.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    To my knowledge, none.
    well if they do cook them that will warn the others

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.