The Student Room Group

2 Days 2-Day!!

So we are, most of us, just about 48 hours from getting our results!

So how are people filling up today and tommorow? Is anyone getting their results early somehow, as in at 12:00a.m. or something, using some computer wizardry?

It is well worth staying up tommorow night until about 12:30 a.m. or so. At about that time, even though there are embargoes on this, people somehow manage to leak data about how we have all done, which should be quite intresting. Also, EdExcel, will release all their grade boundries and examiner reports over night too! Also, OCR/AQA follow the same pattern and release their material a little later on that night too. So, if you want a bit of a spoiler, it is well worth staying up!

Anyway, by now, I am getting increasing nervous as all the countdown things now says 1 day :eek: and I am completely sure that my school does have our results. I even remember writing the thread '2 weeks 2-Day' and that seemed like just yesterday. Strange. :tsr:

In fact, throughout the country, most schools, do have the GCSE Results and many of them will have staff like Heads of Houses and Departments looking over them, sniggering and critiscising. :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Vazzyb
So we are, most of us, just about 48 hours from getting our results!

So how are people filling up today and tommorow? Is anyone getting their results early somehow, as in at 12:00a.m. or something, using some computer wizardry?

It is well worth staying up tommorow night until about 12:30 a.m. or so. At about that time, even though there are embargoes on this, people somehow manage to leak data about how we have all done, which should be quite intresting. Also, EdExcel, will release all their grade boundries and examiner reports over night too! Also, OCR/AQA follow the pattern and release their material a little later on that night too. So, if you want a bit of a spoiler, it is well worth staying up!

Anyway, by now, I am getting increasing nervous as all the countdown things now says 1 day :eek: and I am completely sure that my school does have our results. I even remember writing the thread '2 weeks 2-Day' and that seemed like just yesterday. Strange. :tsr:

In fact, throughout the country, most schools, do have the GCSE Results and many of them will have staff like Heads of Houses and Departments looking over them, sniggering and critiscising. :rolleyes:

It's frightening how quickly the time passes. :afraid: Anyway, I'll definitely be staying up until the early hours of Thursday - in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I pull an all-nighter in an attempt not to miss any of the leaks which you've mentioned. Nice one for creating this thread; I enjoy reading what other people use as time-fillers. I'm pinging at the moment; I've been drinking coke and coffee for God knows how long! :afraid: I'm just worried that all of this will ruin my sleeping pattern and consequently affect the start of college.
Reply 2
i'm at work, and i've just been to the gym.

nice sig.

good point about leaked information, i wonder what the media will say if results go down. probably complain how stupid we all are.
Reply 3
chewwy
i'm at work.

nice sig.

good point about leaked information, i wonder what the media will say if results go down. probably complain how stupid we all are.

Can't win can we... :rolleyes:
Reply 4
nope lol. Horrible media. They will then just focus on some creepy, snobbish 15 year old from Oxford who got 15 A* at GCSE, did 9 ALevels already and just happens to have an extremely wealthy family.
Reply 5
OMG 2 Days.... Results day has always been in the back of my mind throughout the summer, i was willing it forward, wanting it to be over. Now it's almost here, i'm petrifed and thats probably the result of my mixed emotions. I've been through just about every one there is in relation to thursday!!

I'm about to go cycling for a bit now, then i'll come back - lounge around on MSN/TSR, attempt to watch some friends. I think today's going to be the worst day. Tomorrow I'm spending with a friend and i'm staying at her house - her computer is broken at the moment so i won't be looking at any of the board's sites - probably for the best really, i'll do all that after results.

Eek....
Reply 6
I am not nervous for some really stupid reason! I have been nervous and I am not confident that I met my predicted grades but I am not nervous. Weird. I am trying to sort out the celebrations for afterwards. I am quite lucky, as I have to go in earlier to be in the paper, but knowing me if I am not feeling nervous now, I will be tomorrow for sure. Just need to think of something which will keep me occupied tomorrow!!
Reply 7
Just think, it'll feel bloody weird when it's all over. :redface: I can't really imagine not thinking about results, saying that the thought of starting 6th form/college will soon dominate that of GCSEs.
Reply 8
I know, I'll be so relieved when I have "offically" done everything with GCSEs, i.e after my results. But then it'll be back to school and A Level work. I can't even imagine doing A Levels, it'll be so different to GCSEs.
Reply 9
After results I will be getting my uniform and confirming subject choices, those sort of things in preperation for sixth form.

The annoying aspect about ALevels is having exams every 6 months. It means you have very unpleasant holidays, filled with revision. :frown:
Vazzyb
After results I will be getting my uniform and confirming subject choices, those sort of things in preperation for sixth form.

The annoying aspect about ALevels is having exams every 6 months. It means you have very unpleasant holidays, filled with revision. :frown:
Yes but think of all the parties that come at the end of AS and A2 exams? Everyone goes mental and throws massive parties. They will relieve the stress somewhat!
Reply 11
Meh maybe. I don't think ill be that stressed, to be perfectly honest. The irritating part is not being able to do something else during the holidays themselves. ie. go on Holiday!

Apart from the summer, I suppose.
Has anybody noticed that if we do better than expected the media says we are stupid because the grade boundaries have changed and we could not have done it any other way. And if we do worse then we have just failed out right and the media dosen't waste any time in pointing that out (exspecially when the boys fail- the female presenters really really like that; you can actually see them smile as they read it out.) All of this makes me feel very very stupid :biggrin:.
Reply 13
btw, no CCEA results yet? strange...
Reply 14
I dunno bout u guys but l8ly ive been havin a series of nightmares bout my gcse results being really really horrible. In fact only last nite i dreamt that i got my results and i got grades that werent even grades! in other words, i got an "S" in science and humanities and i aksed one of my teachers in the dream what it meant and she said that i never even attempted those papers!!!! Gosh! And i wouldnt b accepted by my school next year and i had to sit at home for the rest of my life!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh well just 2 days of agonising anticipation left... :rolleyes:
lol@S<---you get your own grade?!!!

But yeah, last week or so I kept having these weird nightmare-ish dreams about the results but then something even worse cropped up in real life and that took my attention elsewhere!
I am extremely worried but have got to the point where I am now ''if I've done crap, who cares? just put me out of my misery''
Reply 16
lol yea. Nerve-racking this, isn't it?
Reply 17
I cant belive its only 2 days! I dont know what ime to collect my results either! Infact none of my friends do! So thats a bit worrying. We moved house 3 weeks ago and all my school letters are in a box somewhere! Oh well. I will go when all my friends go.

I'm really excited and cant believe that its results day already. I hope I do really well - or atleast meet all my predicted grades.

Good luck everyone.
Reply 18
OMG! I can't beleive it - we're so close, it's really started to get to me, now!
Good luck everyone!

HEAD BOY
Reply 19
ooo. There are some CCEA results - wow some are really great :smile: Bowie's I think.

Latest