American Student Looking For Advice Watch

taylor90
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi, I am an American student planning on studying in England next January and I would really appreciate some advice on where to go! I adore English culture and history, so I'd love to go to a region with a lot of history. Also, I'm going to be in my 3rd year, so I'm not sure which kind of accommodation to choose. I really like Reading and Bristol, but any information would be really helpful! Thanks!
Aack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Surely this will depend on what course you are doing / what offers you have??
calligraphy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
agree with Aack, depends on which university your home university has links with, unfortunately, you can't just apply to any old uk uni. i'm actually at the university of bristol, currently on study abroad at mcmaster, any questions, pm me
taylor90
Rep:
?
well my school doesnt really offer that many programs to england so my advisor basically told me to choose any school in the uk and then look at the programs offered and apply
taylor90
Rep:
?
I'm just not sure which one to apply to
oaktrees
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Right well I live in Reading and I'm (hopefully) going to Uni in Bristol, and they are both really, really nice places. Or well, Reading is a great town, on the small side as Uni towns go, but plenty of nightlife and the local area has loads of history if you are interested. The surrounding villages and countryside, which is where I live, are very pretty too. Not amazingly clued up about Bristol but it is such a nice city that you are bound to love it, literally everyone I have spoken to seems to think it is incredible. What exactly would you like to know about them?
taylor90
Rep:
?
Wow, they both seem really great. I don't really need to know anything specific, any information is great! I was basically just wondering if the campuses were friendly and also if a lot of international students study at either one?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads