Turn on thread page Beta

new skirt - waste of money? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Girls buying skirts is NEVER a waste of money
    Well said that man! (even if its just cos you wanna perv up girls skirts :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    Well said that man! (even if its just cos you wanna perv up girls skirts :rolleyes: )
    I just happen to think girls look extremely cute in skirts.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    what do you wear in London now then? well... i mean, what will you be wearing in London this winter

I *sobs* will not be a londoner for much longer but right now it seems all about skinny jeans/vintage biker jackets and trenchcoats. I am shying away from the delights of skinny jeans and sticking to silk/tweed skirts and tailoring and fitted wool coats with cute boots and mittens

ReputationRep:
    hehe thanks for all the guys - as you could probably tell i didnt want to return the skirt anyway! xx

ReputationRep:
    i wanna see a picature of it, it sounds nice

ReputationRep:
    il take a photo

ReputationRep:
    Yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sezmeister)
    new skirt - waste of money?
    Yes.

Skirt-vogue has throughout history almost invariably conformed to a predictable, 'sin(x)' algorithm; function of the one, prevailing 'trend', if you will: purchase yourself one of those fabled 'long' skirts [do not be afraid to plumb the depths of your local Age Concern], and curtail the hem incrementally by a measure of approximately one centimetre per month. Utilising this tried-and-tested formula, and provided the right accessories as standard, you might postpone purchase of a new skirt for up to eight years (pending advent of the next 'cycle'; at which point, you accordingly invert the process: score 'one' for home economics).

ReputationRep:
    Just tights. Regular tights. If you don't want it to look like you're wearing them...get hold of some skin-coloured ones (as long as you're careful about colour-matching to yourself ). A lot of people I know seem to hate tights but I'm devoted to them, lol.

ReputationRep:
    If you love it, keep it.

ReputationRep:
    In the winter months when I actually had money I used to wear skirts but I;d wear them with either plain tights or patterned tights with some boots. I used to walk home from a night out in the pouring rain while wearing a skirt. It's the price you have to pay to look good.

I agree. I want to see a pic of this skirt.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.