The Student Room Group

The Worst Stand Up Comedian You've Seen

Scroll to see replies

That Milton dude who's on Mock the Week sometimes. He comes out with the most stupid drivel in that stupid slooooooooow monotone of his and the audience are rolling in the aisles at every single word- Wtf?

And I saw a guy at a comedy club about a month ago. Can't remember his name but I think he's been on Mock the Week before as well... anyways, the host was making him out to be really fantasic and amazing, a proper headline act, and when he finally got onto the stage he was drunk as a skunk, laughing at his own badly told jokes and went on a drunken rant about how me and my friends were great because we came out to see him and we're so young and he's so proud of us :lolwut:
Reply 41
Female comedians are usually pretty bad, but I can't decide who I hate the most.
Tim Vine's material is appallingly monotonous.
all blacks, asians and women ever.
Reply 44
Jo Brand, Gina Yashere and I know a lot of people like him but Chris Rock , I thought was pretty overated.
mrluvaluva
michael macintyre. i want to punch that chubby little face so hard! god he's annoying!

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!! MICHAEL MCINTYRE IS THE BEST!!!!
Reply 46
frankie boyle.
Reply 47
Gordon Brown - those jokes he makes at the live election debates aren't even funny
Russell Peters is really really overrated imo..hate the racist ****
Also, Omid Djalili...repeats too much!
:
Finbar21
Gordon Brown - those jokes he makes at the live election debates aren't even funny

:hahaha:
Reply 50
I'll nominate Shappi Khorsandi as well. No matter how much I try to find her jokes funny, I still find myself wanting to walk away from my own TV in disgust. To me she is the destroyer of comedy. She waltzes onto comedy quiz shows like Mock the Week and completely dampens the mood with her appauling style of comedy that always ends with her pulling some sort of weird face with her head slightly tilted to the side. Arrgh!

I also dislike the comedians that are included in Russell Howard's Good News Extra. I know they're new to the comedy curcuit etc etc, but the majority of them are dire. To this day I've only seen one genuinely funny guy on there. I can't even remember his name.
Reply 51
I was at a music festival once that had a comedy tent and there was one guy that kept getting his dick out, which was a shame because there were some quite good comedians there as well.
Jelephant
That Milton dude who's on Mock the Week sometimes. He comes out with the most stupid drivel in that stupid slooooooooow monotone of his and the audience are rolling in the aisles at every single word- Wtf?
:biggrin: I love Milton Jones.

His Radio 4 show isn't that great, but that's probably because of the length/format.
Reply 53
ricky gervais when he did fame. i barely laughed once. i loved animals and poliics though.
Reply 54
CondensedMilk
A lot of these are mentions of over-rated comedians, not really the worst. I nominate Omid Djalili.

Indeed. 'Panel' shows have a lot to answer for.
This Holly Walsh woman I saw at reading while I was waiting for Tim Minchin was just goddamn awful, you could totally tell she used to be a children's TV presenter. Almost felt sorry for her though, everyone was so impatient for Tim they just booed her off :p:
Lee Evans. I've never actually seen him perform, but I've seen enough of his performances on TV to know he's useless. He's an average comedian who just happens to move around a lot.

Russel Howard. There's something about his impressions that make me want to punch him. He's good on 'Mock the Week', though.
Gary Delaney. He's ******* awful. I read all these amazing reviews and when I saw his name at Reading fest I thought 'I have to go see this bloke' but I did and regretted it, then went to a comedy night at uni and he was a replacement and I was in the front row. I wanted to kill myself. He just says one liner after one liner and it's not funny!!

Colin Cole (australian) is also pretty dire. He's scuzzy & a sexist but not in a funny way.

All the people hating on the famous big named comedians should go see them live as they're famous for a reason, absolutely hilarious esp Russell Howard & Jason Manford, real connection with the audience. Dara O'Briain is an absolute genius!
Jimmy Carr. Not. Funny.
Reply 59
Omid Djalili, laying it on with a paintbrush about being an Iranian.
Lucy Porter. Is that her name? The annoying voice doesn't help.

Basically any minority who plays off it for half an hour thinking they're being ironic.

I also hate Frankie Boyle, and how everyone loves him because he's so "controversial".

Quick Reply

Latest