Is Passing easier when its busy or calm? Watch

Sakujo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Is it easier to pass when there's a lot of traffic or when there's very little?

Also, how long can a test go on for?
Sakujo
Rep:
?
Bump
qwerty963
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
so much easier when its busy, (if u are good at stopping and starting)

the test is 40 mins, so the less you drive in that time, the less mistakes you will make, and better chance to pass
jo62
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Calm. Because when it's busy you have to stop start stop start a lot which means checking the mirrors every time. My test only lasted 30 mins; I must have been speeding on the dual carriagway.
taheki
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think both have equal levels of difficulty..

When it's busy, you spend a lot of time going slowly and waiting, meaning you have longer to make decisions and you're less likely to do something stupid. However, when it's calm you're less likely to meet other cars and therefore only really have to worry about your driving.
A Cat
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
test will go on for 30-45 mins, I had mine at 8.45 in the morning, possibly what you'd consider busy, but they took me on a quiet road. Just keep your wits about you, check your mirrors every 5 secs or so especially before signalling, moving off. DONT FORGET YOUR BLIND SPOT!! make sure you pay attention to road signs, (e.g. one way street and they ask you to turn right). Good luck
Sakujo
Rep:
?
(Original post by jo62)
Calm. Because when it's busy you have to stop start stop start a lot which means checking the mirrors every time. My test only lasted 30 mins; I must have been speeding on the dual carriagway.
Yeah but if they only have ~45 minutes to test you on then wouldn't it be better for you to be stuck in traffic for the majority of it?
Sakujo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Samrout)
test will go on for 30-45 mins, I had mine at 8.45 in the morning, possibly what you'd consider busy, but they took me on a quiet road. Just keep your wits about you, check your mirrors every 5 secs or so especially before signalling, moving off. DONT FORGET YOUR BLIND SPOT!! make sure you pay attention to road signs, (e.g. one way street and they ask you to turn right). Good luck
Thank you.
Ozzy91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I hope you dont mind if I hijack the thread but I have a similar question. I was wondering if anyone can advise me whether I should have my lessons and test either here in London where i'm at uni or back in the Essex countryside where I live?
Aack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Try cutting down on cheese.
fretter778
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My driving instructor told me of a girl she taught who got stuck behind a bin wagon pretty much the whole time. It kept stopping and starting, but it wasn't safe to overtake it. They didn't even have enough time to do any manoeuvres. She passed simply because she'd done nothing wrong.
StartSomething
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd say it's easier when it's calmer.
But don't be worried about the traffic. It's still not that bad, as long as you're confident.
I think my test was about 40 mins, everyone else I did the test with their lasted for 30 minutes.
Sakujo
Rep:
?
(Original post by fretter778)
My driving instructor told me of a girl she taught who got stuck behind a bin wagon pretty much the whole time. It kept stopping and starting, but it wasn't safe to overtake it. They didn't even have enough time to do any manoeuvres. She passed simply because she'd done nothing wrong.
Serious?
Sakujo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ozzy91)
I hope you dont mind if I hijack the thread but I have a similar question. I was wondering if anyone can advise me whether I should have my lessons and test either here in London where i'm at uni or back in the Essex countryside where I live?
I would suggest wherever you know the roads better. It's so much easier to drive when you know the area you're driving in.
fretter778
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sakujo)
Serious?
That's what she said to me.
Bleached
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
busy. a lot of my test was sitting in traffic lol. had a good chat with examiner lol i only did 2 manoeuvres due to time! had my instructor in back too lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads