New Doctor Who - Episode 4 - The Time of Angels - 24/04/10 - no future spoilers Watch

Poll: How did you find this episode?
Excellent (137)
62.84%
Good (68)
31.19%
Poor (10)
4.59%
Awful (3)
1.38%
RK
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Another new thread for episode 4 of this series - The Time of Angels.

The episode has just finished, so comment on what you thought of it and what you liked and didn't like when it was over.

How does it compared to the others? What hints does it have for the future?

Remember please don't give any spoilers in here - just talk about what was seen on the tv. Also remember that people might not have watched the trailer for next week at the end, so try not to spoil too much from that
DJW
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
It's the age-old Alien to Aliens sequel technique!
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
much better then last week.

Except i just got distracted by the torches making swooshie noises everytime they moved, which annoyed me.

I still think that the wheeping angles should of been left in Blink, and Blink only, just because that episode is so amazing.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Haven't watched the ep yet, just subscribing before everyone comments :gah:
rofflewaffle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Liked that a lot
OceanInTheSky
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Was the best of the new series so far, Matt Smith seemed more "at home" as the doctor than in previous episodes and of course it has the weeping angels in it, so it's going to be good.
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Scary and exciting :daydreaming: Much ebtter than Time of Daleks
Student2806
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Best episode of the series so far. Nice to see the weeping angels back as well - so much better than the daleks imo, and they genuinely scare the **** out of me.
holmes221
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Untitled258)
much better then last week.

Except i just got distracted by the torches making swooshie noises everytime they moved, which annoyed me.

I still think that the wheeping angles should of been left in Blink, and Blink only, just because that episode is so amazing.

but the doctor hasn't directly confronted them yet has he? so it was a good episode, and will probably scare alot of kids again lol. Loved the scene where the angel was coming out of the tv screen and amy pond pauses it on static so the angel disappears. I think there is a trend with this doctor not knowing everything like david tennants doctor, ie amy pond not being a damsel in distress (or at least saving herself) and river song knowing how to drive the tardis better than the doctor.
Explore.Dream.Discover
Report 9 years ago
It was ok, but not as good as i expected. i think the episode in the 3rd series was better..
But the next episode will probably be more interesting.
LearningMath
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeh much better.
Svenjamin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
LOVED it.

Some great ideas for developing the angels with them using images and dead people. Really creepy and funny too. The intro sequence was a bit tacky, but the rest was excellent.

Definitely the best episode of the series, but in a way this was the first proper episode of the series. The first 2 episodes were introducing Amy and the new Doctor's characters and Victory of the Daleks was re-introducing the Daleks. This is the first episode to concentrate on the monsters fully without any of the characterisation stuff.
secretmessages
Report 9 years ago
Was awesome :awesome: Especially when they realised there wasn't just the one angel :afraid:
Dinendal Leralonde
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Best episode yet.

Loved River flying the tardis.
"It's not supposed to make that noise! You leave the brakes on!!"
sleekchic
Badges: 3
Report 9 years ago
Loved it. Best episode so far.
AnonyMatt
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I really liked it.
I'm liking the expansion of the Weeping Angels from Blink.
I was sort of disappointed with River though. Stupid me didn't realise that it was going to be another she-knows-him-but-he-doesn't-know-her meeting. I want to know more about this woman damnit! :p:

She said they keep meeting in the wrong order... Am I wrong in thinking they've only met twice then? Hmm.
Moroseblight
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aye, this was much better than the previous episodes, which were let down by the length of airtime. Wasn't as terrifying as I'd been expecting, but still fairly thrilling stuff. Having River Song back works well.

I quite liked how the Angel stole Sacred Bob's voice. Sacred Bob *chuckles*
fretter778
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The angels look scarier than it the last one and I really loved it. I actually squealed with excitement at the 'next time' trailer.

Only one criticism. Why the HELL did those torches keep making a noise when they moved them?

Edit: 2 criticisms actually, though the 2nd isn't the programme's fault. CARTOON GRAHAM NORTON AT THE CRITICAL POINT? ARE YOU TAKING THE PISS BBC?!
lightburns
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whats with the colourful advert for the Rainbow thingy right at the end! > : ( that ruined the mood for the ending.
iwilson03
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Really good episode, when Pond got stuck in the trailer thing I found myself trying to avoid blinking :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads