Turn on thread page Beta

well have thought about applying, but i intend on doing a year 14 before going off to uni so i will be applying for 2007... seems so far away. but anyway i want to do Chemistry With management studies. but also looking around at other uni's jsut imperial would be my first choice, have heard so many great things about it, and well to be honest have seen its a greast university on an openday!

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean with doing a year 14? are you doing more alevels or a gap year? what grades did you get?

(Original post by kitsune)
    what do you mean with doing a year 14? are you doing more alevels or a gap year? what grades did you get?
    what i mean by year 14 is do more as levels, my current as-levels are good and will get me the grades needed to get on the course but i want to have a more rounded education and get an as in french and also enlish literature rather than the sciences and maths!

ReputationRep:
    I think universities do not like that!

ReputationRep:
    im gonna apply for chem eng.
    what as grades did the other people applying for it get?

ReputationRep:
    HI!

I got A in Maths, B in English Lit, Computing, Accounts, and C in Physics at AS Level.

I am retaking Physics as I should have got an A for it, and my teacher is going to predict an A grade at A level for physics.

Have I really got a chance to study Civil Engineering at Imperial? If not, what will be appropriate for me??

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    you've got a change... i got an offer with almost the same grades A in Business and Maths, B in Art and C in Physics... predicted AAA why dont you try?

ReputationRep:
    . . . is it a difficult one??? :eek: well it's too late for changes. UCAS applicatino sent to referee yesterday!!! I thought I was quite average... being Balliot, Keble, Chirst Church, Jesus or St Johns much more famous...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    Why are you applying to Brasenose? Why not choose an easier college? :rolleyes:
    I had the potential to get 4 As at AS Level, as my GCSE grades were 5 A*s. and 4 As and a Cisco Qualification. But, during that year, I was so busy with my innovative side. I have 2 Patent pending Inventions, which have been submitted to the Patents Office in the UK, and am simplying waiting for approval, this may take upto a year. Will this atleast give me a chance to get to Imperial?? Also, I can show several other useful skills, including Leadership skills, as I am the C.E.O of an Online Software Developing Company, with the Incorporation Documents under my name.

i was so careless lest year, but now, I really want to go to Imperial but am worried about the results. Can some1 please tell me there is some hope????

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m_ashiq88)
    i was so careless lest year, but now, I really want to go to Imperial but am worried about the results. Can some1 please tell me there is some hope????

Thanks
    If you get the required A-Level grades (AAB or whatever), then sure.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be applying for something to do with computer science.

Can I apply for Computer Science and then decided, maybe on the second year, what I want to specialize in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    If you get the required A-Level grades (AAB or whatever), then sure.
    You mean if I get those grades predicted?? My application would be sent before I do the actual A-levels. Btw, I want to really do Applied Business Management, and the required grades are ABB, or BBB. And I got ABBBC at AS, so I am above their minimum grade requirements. I want to know if I will get advantaged for having patent pending inventions, and owning a Software Developing Company Online??

ReputationRep:
    Someone actually wants to do Applied Business Management? :O

You do realise it's basically agriculture studies with a bit of management stuck in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PennyRoyalTea)
    might be applying for maths, but i dnt have further maths so my chances are slim
    don't worry about having only single maths. That only affects about 1/4 of the courses that you take in the first year, as most of the topics are either new, taught from scratch or both.

I know quite a few people last year who had single maths, and some even had gap years! As long as your brain is good enough, not knowing enough maths won't be a hindrance

ReputationRep:
    physics here... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom H)
    Someone actually wants to do Applied Business Management? :O

You do realise it's basically agriculture studies with a bit of management stuck in?

werd i feel sorry for people that do that without knowing what it really is. Gay imperial cons loads of people into it I bet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Go Go Go!)
    im gonna apply for chem eng.
    what as grades did the other people applying for it get?
    I got "A"s for Eng Lit, Econs, Phys, Chem, Geo+Trig, and Intro Calculus. But I'm an international applicant :p: sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

ReputationRep:
    what system is that? It's definetely not Alevels...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    don't worry about having only single maths. That only affects about 1/4 of the courses that you take in the first year, as most of the topics are either new, taught from scratch or both.

I know quite a few people last year who had single maths, and some even had gap years! As long as your brain is good enough, not knowing enough maths won't be a hindrance
    phew ..

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for Maths and Statistics for Finance.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.