Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got A in Maths, A in fur-maths and d in Physics at AS Level.

I am retaking Physics
    Can i apply for Civil Engineering at Imperial?

ReputationRep:
    sure! but you sould have declined the d in Physics AS... I got an offer from them last year with poor GCSEs and declining my C in Physics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    sure! but you sould have declined the d in Physics AS... I got an offer from them last year with poor GCSEs and declining my C in Physics!
    Thanks~!~
    whats mean declined?

ReputationRep:
    mmm "denying" your grade in Physics so you dont have an AS grade!

ReputationRep:
    oh!!
    so how can i put grade in ucas form?

ReputationRep:
    mmm if you havent declined it you HAVE to put the grade in ucas form... as ASlevel .. if not just the "pending" grade in Alevels

ReputationRep:
    I dont know i declined or not.
    but if i put d in ucas form ,do i have chance for IC?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Medicine at Imperial

ReputationRep:
    Physics please thankyou very much

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Physics here too, decided on Imperial purely based on prestige really, right now it's not very high up in my list of choices, but maybe visiting will change that.

ReputationRep:
    im applying for Biochemistry
    gonna study medicine after that (taking the long route - too late to change now)

anyone got any offers yet?

AS results AAAA in biology chemistry maths and history

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,
    I've applied to Biology at Imperial, i've recieved an acknowledgement, although i'm waiting for an offer reply! Does anyone know if Biology is very competitive at Imperial?? Is anyone else applying for this subject??
    Thanks, and i like to wish a big good luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    Materials with Management
    Electrical and Electronic Engineering with management

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student01)
    Hi Everyone,
    I've applied to Biology at Imperial, i've recieved an acknowledgement, although i'm waiting for an offer reply! Does anyone know if Biology is very competitive at Imperial?? Is anyone else applying for this subject??
    Thanks, and i like to wish a big good luck to all!
    From what I understand, pretty competitive. If you have good grades though you should get an offer

ReputationRep:
    ...............Just to get a rough idea...........in which month did you recieve your offer from Imperial!

ReputationRep:
    November/December? But that was for Biochemistry not Biology.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i know......! Anyway, yes i recieved good grades three A last year, and predicted three this year, my personal statement and reference were exceedingly brilliant! But i guess i'm just being a bit too nervous!

ReputationRep:
    hey...first time to post here
    well at first i applied for C706 MSci Biochemistry with an year in industry...but then a few days ago the admissions team send me an email saying 'none of the MSci courses in Biological Sciences will be running...this was decided after the 2006 prospectus.' Is this realli sure???? i have never heard of it before and i realli cant believe such thing can actually happen in such a big uni!'

ReputationRep:
    no way!!! well, it can happen... do they have BSci? maybe the university has decided not to found (is this the correct word?) the dept anymore... I'm SOOOO sorry! that really sucks!

ReputationRep:
    kitsune, you're applying for 3 courses at Imperial? That shows real comittment. In addition, they will know you've applied for 3 courses at the same university and hopefully this will be viewed positively by Admission Tutors.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.