Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonamuk)
    hey...first time to post here
    well at first i applied for C706 MSci Biochemistry with an year in industry...but then a few days ago the admissions team send me an email saying 'none of the MSci courses in Biological Sciences will be running...this was decided after the 2006 prospectus.' Is this realli sure???? i have never heard of it before and i realli cant believe such thing can actually happen in such a big uni!'
    Yep it's true. In my posistion as Dep Rep I get to sit on the committee that decides these things. From what I recall the decision was made because the uni rushed to offer a MSci in Biochem in the first place, but really hardly anywhere offers one, and there was a lot of overlap with what the postgrads were doing anyway, so they thought they'd scrap it.

I think it was the right decision to make. You're not missing out. If you want to do a PhD you can do that straight after your BSc (with PhDs generally starting to take 4 years instead of 3) or if you want to go on and do a postgrad masters you still can.

The uni just felt it wasn't offering much extra in its MSci programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xanthe)
    kitsune, you're applying for 3 courses at Imperial? That shows real comittment. In addition, they will know you've applied for 3 courses at the same university and hopefully this will be viewed positively by Admission Tutors.
    I like the three types of Engineering! :p: I think they do know... because when I received the acknowledgement (sp?) email... they stated the three courses and how each of them decided whether to give offers... and it said: "you have applied to the following courses:..."

ReputationRep:
    Your grades are excellent anyway; you've got AAABB and it's just a Physics module you need to re-take. How come UCL isn't one of your choices?

ReputationRep:
    I've been told UCL is not very good for Engineering and I really liked the courses at Bristol and Sheffield! In my short list I had Oxford/Camb, Imperial, Sheffield, Bristol, UCL and Bath :p:

Actually I got AAABb and one A is in Spanish which actually doesnt count :p:

ReputationRep:
    thx tom. think about it...its actually not that bad if they cancel the MSci course. i just dun like the fact that they didnt even mention cancelling of the course until i send them an email. n they even dun put this news up in da officail site! so when do they actually plan to tell da applicants bout this news?!

ReputationRep:
    Another prospective medic here!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Chemistry MSci!!!!!

Dunno what grades yet, but still very very pleased.

Interviews at brum and manc this week....bristol next week....
    camb havent got back to me yet

ReputationRep:
    ive applied for BEng Computing and Information Systems Engineering

ReputationRep:
    Finally sent my form this morning! but it's probably winging it's way back to me
    I applied for MEng Civil Engineering with YiE. It was my first choice up until a week ago, now maybe second or third.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    I've been told UCL is not very good for Engineering and I really liked the courses at Bristol and Sheffield! In my short list I had Oxford/Camb, Imperial, Sheffield, Bristol, UCL and Bath :p:

Actually I got AAABb and one A is in Spanish which actually doesnt count :p:
    I was reading the Offers Thread in the UCAS Application section and noticed you had an offer from Imperial. Good stuff!

ReputationRep:
    thank yoU!

ReputationRep:
    computing!

ReputationRep:
    Course: Mathematics, G103
    Predicted: AAAaa

hey , has anyone here had any offer yet from ICL?

ReputationRep:
    me :p:

ReputationRep:
    I just got an unconditional offer for Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence), G700

ReputationRep:
    I have also applied to Imperial, to do Applied Business Management!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darryladie)
    I have also applied to Imperial, to do Applied Business Management!
    Hopefully you are aware Applied Business Management has a lot to do with agriculture and is at the Wye Campus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom H)
    Hopefully you are aware Applied Business Management has a lot to do with agriculture and is at the Wye Campus.
    Well yes I was gonna ask about that, because a couple of people have said that to me. I read in the prospectus that there is a eco-something-or-other module but other than that it looked pretty similar to other business degrees (except at a better Uni)

If you're saying otherwise, I'd love to know how it differs.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have your offers appeared on UCAS Track yet, i've recieved a offer letter from Imperial but it's been over 6 weeks and has not! Although Imperial told me UCAS are having problems with their new system

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Computing.
    Interview tomorow!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.