Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeniev)
    cheers! :cool:
    Anybody pretty musical who's got an offer and who desperately wants to go to Imperial? :musicus:
    You know I'm a violinist but I'm also Imperial next year my firm!

Are you going for an Ash Music Scholarship? There's a thread here about them, and I've got my audition on the 3rd of April.

ReputationRep:
    How cool! What subject are you applying for?

I think so. THe best thing about Imperial is that it's right next to the royal academy...
    WHAT?! I thought they were only available when you're actually IN the uni... :eek: nooo!

ReputationRep:
    At *****in last, Physics with Theoretical Physics AA (Maths n Phys) B

ReputationRep:
    Firm CompSci for me

i agree, never too late to start an instrument. i only started two years ago and got my grade 3 in piano last year

ReputationRep:
    That's great! welcome to :tsr: btw

ReputationRep:
    Violinist too..... cant say iv picked it up that recently though
    biochem 06

ReputationRep:
    Play guitar a bit. Might get into that some more if i meet the right kinda people at imperial. Ive always felt an urge to learn cello aswell, that would be a newly-independant-student type of thing to do heh

I'll probly be too overworked to have anytime for this kinda tomfoolery mind

ReputationRep:
    (oh yeah physics (:banghead:) '06, AAA)

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to be in a string ensemble or something... that's what I do (did) in school and it was just so cool...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    Play guitar a bit. Might get into that some more if i meet the right kinda people at imperial.
    I'll teach you and then you can join my band :p:

I also play grade 5 trumpet, but that was a few years ago...

ReputationRep:
    btw, can you get like drum lessons? I'd love to play them! (I know doesn't quite fit with what I play now :p:)

ReputationRep:
    i play the clarinet at the mo. anyone interested in a jazz band? i'm terrible at the jazz rythmn though; dotted note, short note. Argh!!!

ReputationRep:
    hm, was actually thinking about a rock band myself, but don't mind playing the drums in a jazz band

ReputationRep:
    that would be the hardest jazz band around! no messin with us! we mean business with our mellow sounds!

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

btw, what subject have you applied for in Imp?

ReputationRep:
    me? im going to be a medic (hopefully!)

hence the username (i know, not very good but hey its the best i could come up with!)

ReputationRep:
    medic = caretaker :confused: okay...

I swear half of all the people going to Imperial I've met on TSR are going to be medics :p:
    I'm a minority - wanna do Maths with CompSci

ReputationRep:
    yeah this is true! dunno why though... maybe because they are more sociable! :p:

oh and can i ask how come you're doing IBs in hertford (yes i looked at your profile )

ReputationRep:
    ahem! Although that might be true. Some maths guys are rather introverted... (tho there are some cool maths dudes! like 4Ed if you know him)

haha. am I that interesting?
    well, there's this boarding school there, so I decided to go there (I'm from Germany btw) cause I thought it would be a good experience. And indeed, it's great! So yeah.

ReputationRep:
    ahh from germany! well i did 2 years of german (then i dropped it for french which was a mistake!) so Guten Tag, Est ist sehr gut specken mit Sie (im certain the grammar's wrong but hey what the heck, never said i was good at it!)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.