The Student Room Group

french overtaking life

well in all my subjects im expects As/A*s

but then in french, in orals im struggling to catch a C :frown:

and it slike im spendin everyday working on my orals, i havent done no revision whatsoever on any other subject..and its sad because its like all my effort for my french, which is overtaking my life...is just for a C aswell :|

my teacher wont let me do higher, although i think i can do it...and shes making me learn all the higher questions aswell even though im doing foundation? so its like im learnin extra and i dont get why? but yeh so im doing all this work for a C in french orals..when i should be aiming to revise to get A*'s!

but the thing is if i leave my orals i dont want to get an E..like i did in my mock.

so yehh :frown: i want an easier way to learn orals or something..it just stressful its all just for a C at the end of the day..and it already puts me off, as its like my things gona b like 5 A*s 5A's and a C...like imagine the difference!

and its like..im doing higher writin reading and listening..but im scared incase i do bad! i always thought i was good at french but this year its just gone bad and i dont know what to do.
Reply 1
Stop worrying and start talking. If you say stuff, even if it's not grammatically perfect, you will get good fluency and spontaneity marks.
If you're doing higher everything else I'm guessing your grammar is fairly sound, so work on your fluency and confidence. Use the foundation materials until you are really confident, then try some of the higher stuff. Even if you're not doing Higher, it will stretch you to make sure you get everything you need for the C grade boundary in.
Reply 2
thankss guys :smile: but i stil dont think i can do it..i dont know why thou!

the thing is, i cant learn it because like i have to understand what i am learning to be able to learn it..which is alright but it takes me longer to learn it off my heart for french. and its jus so confusing...
Reply 3
yeh just improve your oral skills
Reply 4
Thanksss! and hahaha i can imagine ur friends got annoyed like ****! its like before our r.e exam, despite not revising for it..the one thing i did do was to use r.e quotes all week..jus pointless ones lile 'loe your neighbour' ' eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth' i brought it in, into every conversation..all my mates were just vexing! lol but got all of us an A* if not an A, so it worked well lol x
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
hey there,

there is another thread called 'french oral fail help' or something, i've put all of my points on there.

nebby
For my Spanish GCSE I just recorded myself reading my notes and stuff I was a bit weak on, put it onto my iPod and listened to them constantly. My friends thought I was weird but at least I got an A :p: You need to chill out though! It sounds like you're doing loads of work for it so you'll probably do better than you think. Oh and in my school, mocks just didn't reflect the actual grades people got.

Good luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending