Some info. on the Canterbury area Watch

m.grump
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Here's a bit of info I wrote down, having lived near Canterbury for absolutely ages. Covers a bunch of things, from transport links to shopping.

m.grump's Canterbury Information

Hope it is helpful. May be quite useful to those who haven't been to Canterbury much, or at all.
MrJoeyUK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks! was a interesting read... looking forward to coming to canterbury this tuesday!
katebushfan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by m.grump)
Here's a bit of info I wrote down, having lived near Canterbury for absolutely ages. Covers a bunch of things, from transport links to shopping.

m.grump's Canterbury Information

Hope it is helpful. May be quite useful to those who haven't been to Canterbury much, or at all.
"There is a shop on the high street that sells a lot of student interest DVDs for very cheap - although occasionally you end up with a Spanish version of The Motorcycle Diaries, like I did!"

Actually lolled when I read this.
MrJoeyUK
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You missed out a very important thing about Canterbury though - nightlife!

well.. important to me anyway lol. not that i'll be going out much I imagine, not a overly social person.
Faustus Fotherby
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MrJoeyUK)

well.. important to me anyway lol. not that i'll be going out much I imagine, not a overly social person.
I'm currently in the process of writing an in-depth guide (which I'd like to get stickied in the Kent forum) as to the nightlife of Canterbury, both on-campus and off. I started it a week or two a go but seeing as there's demand for it I'll try and finish it this evening.
m.grump
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrJoeyUK)

I think that might be best left to other people, like perhaps the poster above//

I haven't really been clubbing or drinking in Canterbury. I spent my hedonistic days in Brighton / Sussex uni.
m.grump
Rep:
?
(Original post by katebushfan)
"There is a shop on the high street that sells a lot of student interest DVDs for very cheap - although occasionally you end up with a Spanish version of The Motorcycle Diaries, like I did!"

Actually lolled when I read this.
It was bad. lol. It was close-captioned in spanish, which meant I had to download a subtitle file, and then play it on my macbook :woo:

I think the guy just flogs cheap DVDs to gullible students.
skipp
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
More useful info thanks m.grump

There's a comic book store! :teeth:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.83%
No - but I will (115)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (699)
47.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise