(Original post by squeak)
Ergh gawd...we've had this argument.
Oh, didn't read thread, nevermind.
technik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
mine was early like that. was great. straight out onto the dual carriageway to a local industrial estate...turn in the road....back onto dual carriageway...into small residential area...reverse round a corner...back on to dual carriageway and back to test centre. job done in about 30 minutes.
bubblegum10
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well i FAILED my driving test on thursday i only got 4 minors but he failed e because apparently someone flashed me to go and i didnt! although i don't remmeber this and don't see why this resulted in a fail!
Sempron
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bubblegum10)
failed e because apparently someone flashed me to go and i didnt! although i don't remmeber this and don't see why this resulted in a fail!
Now this is strange....Because my instructor said that you should not go even if someone flashes their lights at you to go...now im confused. :eek3:
smoozth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At the end of the day you're going to have to expect to be driving in rush hour traffic once you've passed your test anyway so you may as well stick with that time
bubblegum10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i know even my instructer was really confused, i only got 4 minors but he gave me a SERIOUS for this
Teh User
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Coming back to this thread rather than starting a new one, I have one at 15:27 in a couple of weeks in a rather a small, but important town for the area with 3 secondary schools. I'm scared I'll fail from the traffic. :/ Tips?
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Teh User)
Coming back to this thread rather than starting a new one, I have one at 15:27 in a couple of weeks in a rather a small, but important town for the area with 3 secondary schools. I'm scared I'll fail from the traffic. :/ Tips?
I think it's much much easier when the roads are busy. You don't have to think as much, because you can just copy what the car in front is doing - there's much less risk of mucking up your lanes or going through a red light or whatever.
Paper_planes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My issue would be more the 8:10am not the rush hour bit, mine was at like 10am and i was like you are actuallllly ******** me.
If you are in rush hour you will spend ALOT of time in traffic. This is not a bad thing.
Chimaira
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by bubblegum10)
well i FAILED my driving test on thursday i only got 4 minors but he failed e because apparently someone flashed me to go and i didnt! although i don't remmeber this and don't see why this resulted in a fail!
this happened twice during my test, first time i didn't go and the second time i did. got a minor for 'hesitation' for not going the first time.
Chimaira
Rep:
?
I passed first time btw, 4 minors but who gives a **** about minors?
Muffin.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Chimaira)
I passed first time btw, 4 minors but who gives a **** about minors?
Congrats! What were your minors? How was it? Were you stuck in traffic and did your instructor stay with you?
Chimaira
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muffin.)
Congrats! What were your minors? How was it? Were you stuck in traffic and did your instructor stay with you?
My minors were;
1.) Didn't look left before turning (even though I did! lol oh well!)
2.) Hesitation (a woman flashed at me to go because I was waiting for her but I didn't go because my brother got a minor for that in his test! :/)
3.) Didn't look in mirrors before moving off (fair enough!)
4.) Same as 3!

Should've really got 2 but oh well, not to worry

Yeah I was for a little bit but he took me out of the town on (easier) rural roads to get away from the traffic!
Nah, my instructor wasn't with me, I didn't want that added pressure
Muffles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by squeak)
Ergh gawd...we've had this argument.
I am very intrigued, what is the argument?
Muffin.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My minors were;
1.) Didn't look left before turning (even though I did! lol oh well!)
2.) Hesitation (a woman flashed at me to go because I was waiting for her but I didn't go because my brother got a minor for that in his test! :/)
3.) Didn't look in mirrors before moving off (fair enough!)
4.) Same as 3!

Should've really got 2 but oh well, not to worry

Yeah I was for a little bit but he took me out of the town on (easier) rural roads to get away from the traffic!
Nah, my instructor wasn't with me, I didn't want that added pressure
Glad it went well :woo:
I've booked my test for 26th Oct at 8:40 think I'm going to take my instructor with me cos I'm a wuss :p:
Chimaira
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muffin.)
Glad it went well :woo:
I've booked my test for 26th Oct at 8:40 think I'm going to take my instructor with me cos I'm a wuss :p:
Thaaanks! :yep:
I'd have thought it was easier without them!

Oh wells, good luck! :woo:
delasandro
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
anyone done a Saturday AM test?
Muffin.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thaaanks! :yep:
I'd have thought it was easier without them!

Oh wells, good luck! :woo:
Thanks
Sy be
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You will be fine they don’t take you that far out that’s the best thing about early morning tests. Problem is you just have to be careful of zebra crossings as it’s school time and for traffic just keep observing and show them that your looking through mirrors that’s all and keep a distance and be alert by looking ahead. You will be fine. Just take your time and stay calm 😊
fhbjjwfkkjwef
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sy be)
You will be fine they don’t take you that far out that’s the best thing about early morning tests. Problem is you just have to be careful of zebra crossings as it’s school time and for traffic just keep observing and show them that your looking through mirrors that’s all and keep a distance and be alert by looking ahead. You will be fine. Just take your time and stay calm 😊
They did this 8 years ago and they passed.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (162)
14.5%
I'm not sure (50)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.54%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (542)
48.52%

Watched Threads