Turn on thread page Beta

Barcelona watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey there

any1 been to barcelona? im goin there this saturday...jus wondering wat there is to do there ...or jus wat u guyz hav dun...

jus any general comments abt holidays there

ReputationRep:
    My bf was under the impression that he'd have to go to a meeting in Barcelona and that I might be able to go with him... but it turned out he made a mistake and the meeting was actually in Manchester... boring!

ReputationRep:
    Very cultural city but has the same symptoms as Liverpool unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    The aquarium is good! had lotsa fun there. Its just cool looking through the food markets, watching the people in their funny fancy dress go by....true spanish way.have fun, its a great city, dont get lost on the underground like i did tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    My bf was under the impression that he'd have to go to a meeting in Barcelona and that I might be able to go with him... but it turned out he made a mistake and the meeting was actually in Manchester... boring!
    Welcome back Eeyore...not heard from you for a while! Hope you had a good hol!

ReputationRep:
    I thought the Nou Camp was fantastic, but if you're not a football fan then it'll probably bore you senseless. La Sagrada Familia is a must see too. I enjoyed going up to Parc Guell where you get some stunning views over the city (and some great architecture too - a lot of Gaudi stuff).

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona city centre must b quite dull at the moment (cause of the summer and month of august), all the ppl r on the coasts. So my advice is to take a train to Sitges (BEST TEEN PARTY PLACE TO B IN SPAIN) and go and hav fun there. Its rly not far 30 min by train i think, and ul hav the best night of ur life. Trust me I know spain and particularly Barcelona and its beaches...

Hav fun...

ReputationRep:
    Oh as for the reply, I'd love to go to Barcelona, in that zoo they have the twin gorilla's It's very rare for gorilla's to come in twins, but they did! They're also the grandkids of the white albino gorilla called Snowflake, who sadly died from skin cancer before they were born :bawling:

Anyway here's a pic of the twins, now you can't tell me they're not gorgeous! :flutter: Mind you'll they'll be a year old soon!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Welcome back Eeyore...not heard from you for a while! Hope you had a good hol!
    Thanks, I did - it was great!

ReputationRep:
    barcelona is awesome- I went last year, stayed in the royal hotel on las ramblas. Got some pics at www.loopymongo.com/spgm (july04 trip).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    I thought the Nou Camp was fantastic, but if you're not a football fan then it'll probably bore you senseless. La Sagrada Familia is a must see too. I enjoyed going up to Parc Guell where you get some stunning views over the city (and some great architecture too - a lot of Gaudi stuff).
    I loved Barcelona when I went. I'm not a huge football fan, but I do like football, and I loved the Nou Camp. It was a great experience, and you can't imagine what the atmosphere must be like during a football match - I was excited stood in an emtpy stadium!

The fountains are also a must see in my opinion. They are beautiful and if you are with a partner then it is very romantic. Lovely classical music in time to the flow of the fountains its a lovely experience - makes you tingle inside.

I also enjoyed the Ramblers, lots of nice shops and strange people performing different acts.

All in all I found Barcelona a wonderful and very beautiful city. I had an excellent time and would definately recommend it, and I plan to go back again as well. Have fun!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2005
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.