The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's yours now, put it on Ebay.
Reply 2
What is the item?
I was swaying towards that, I doubt they'd notice anyway, it's a big company so it's probably a mistake at the warehouse.
Reply 4
Oh, and by keeping it you aren't really being dishonest. More opportunist :smile:
keep it. its only 40 quid if it was much more then you ought to report it, but its legally yours.
Reply 6
When we had our furniture delievered they accidently delivered an extra one seater sofa, so we kept it. :p: :biggrin:
Saree
What is the item?

It's a memory card for a digital camera. Not the crown jewels by any means, but anything free is nice if I can sell it on eBay!

My mum suggested sending it back and asking for a refund!
Reply 8
Saree
When we had our furniture delievered they accidently delivered an extra one seater sofa, so we kept it. :p: :biggrin:

Wow! :eek: that is a touch! How the hell do you accidently include a whole extra chair? That takes some incompetence..

I don't think I've ever gotten anything for free :frown:
Reply 9
DeLboY
Wow! :eek: that is a touch! How the hell do you accidently include a whole extra chair? That takes some incompetence..

I don't think I've ever gotten anything for free :frown:

The worse thing was that my mum kept telling the delivery guys that we didn't order it but they just kept insisting that we did :rolleyes: ..so we just shut up and accepted it! :p:
Reply 10
magicalmonkey21
My mum suggested sending it back and asking for a refund!

Not a bad idea actually. Ask for a replacement, then they might send you two again :p:
Reply 11
You should really tell them. But if you decide to keep it then don't sell it for about 6 months, as they might notice in that time and ask for it back.

They can ask for it back/charge you for 6 years, but realistically if they don't notice soon they won't notice at all.
Reply 12
Saree
The worse thing was that my mum kept telling the delivery guys that we didn't order it but they just kept insisting that we did :rolleyes: ..so we just shut up and accepted it! :p:

Ugh don't you just hate it when mums always try to do the moral thing. My old dear's like that, she won't take anything for nothing, she'd feel guilty getting a free burger from Maccy'D's :rolleyes: (mind you my mum would ask for cutlery there too :eek: )
Reply 13
DeLboY
Ugh don't you just hate it when mums always try to do the moral thing. My old dear's like that, she won't take anything for nothing, she'd feel guilty getting a free burger from Maccy'D's :rolleyes: (mind you my mum would ask for cutlery there too :eek: )

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 14
Juno
You should really tell them. But if you decide to keep it then don't sell it for about 6 months, as they might notice in that time and ask for it back.

They can ask for it back/charge you for 6 years, but realistically if they don't notice soon they won't notice at all.

Only if they could actually prove that he recieved it.

Legally, unless they have complete records of sending the extra unit, plus proof that you actually recieved both (This is almost impossible to do, as it's just as likely to have been taken by the couriers who delievered it), then they don't have a leg to stand on.

Plus no company is going to chase something like this, drag it through courts etc. for a £40 bit of kit.

You have nothing to worry about
Reply 15
DeLboY

:rofl:
Reply 16
My bro' had an extra £300 fountain ped deliered, a guy at Uni's mum was on the receiving end of a WHOLE FITTED KITCHEN more than she wanted (!!!) and another guy received a box of mobile phones...with two deliver addresses on. One was his address (god knows why), one was the intended recipient.

In all cases, the losers were the massive companies...so who cares! Hopefully I'll get an extra laptop arriving tomorrow...lol. yeah right.

lol, just remembered. They tried ringing the store to tell them that they had received and extra kitchen. And got reassured that nobody was missing a kitchen and the they didn't deliver the extra kitchen! Computers! :smile:
DeLboY
Only if they could actually prove that he recieved it.

I signed for it...

but the dispach paperwork doesn't mention it at all...so it could have been stolen in the warehouse!

and just to clarify, I'm a she not a he. (although the beard is misleading :biggrin: )
Reply 18
Send back one of them for a refund. Your mum has the right idea.
Reply 19
magicalmonkey21
I signed for it...

but the dispach paperwork doesn't mention it at all...so it could have been stolen in the warehouse!

Yeah, but usually you only sign once, just to prove that the courier has delivered it correctly. There is no difference at that point, between signing for one item, or ten.

It would just be your word against theirs, hardly beyond reasonable doubt.

magicalmonkey21

and just to clarify, I'm a she not a he. (although the beard is misleading :biggrin: )

Apologies my good lady :biggrin: All the other magical monkeys I know are male :rolleyes: :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending