Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are children being spoon fed with no longer effective information on web based programmes such as BBC Bitesize?

At this specific moment in time, the standards of GCSE results throughout Britain are decreasing.

If we look at recent statistics we see that since Bitesize has been introduced GCSE results have been rapidly going down-hill.

In a recent poll:

60% of teens say that they revise using web based revision

20% of teens say they revise out in the woodland to be at one with nature and take in the beauty of the scenery for inspiration

10% of teens bragged "I don't revise, its for wussies"

another 10% of teens said "I revise the night before but usually wake up in the middle of the night having wet the bed"

So we can tell that Web based revision is the most popular form of revision amongst teenagers. But when asked in a recent survey "Why do you use the internet for revision" some answers were shocking:

"My parents think i'm revising, I keep bitesize up on one screen and google on the other and when they aren't near I search for swear words"

"I use the internet for revision only so that one day I will have to buy glasses, I really want glasses but I need to impair my vision first"

"My mum made me, I wanted to revise on the chimney but she shouted at me really loudly and me cry."

"My dad thought it would be a good idea"

"I don't want to lose weight"

Children aren't using these sites for the benefit of education, they are using it for excuses to be on the internet.

We must ban this and force children to resort back to revising in the woodland as they should be.

It is also revealed that 30% of children who revise online have projectile diarrhoea in the middle of exams whilst the others sit content with orgasmic pleasures coursing throught their bodies.

:questionm what's this about! lol.

ReputationRep:
    umm... lol

ReputationRep:
    Do they HAVE to be in the woodland? I'd have to travel miles to the nearest forest =[

I revised on the internet then went over it again with ordinary books, worked fine for me! Especially in subjects which are hard to revise for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollie)
    what's this about! lol.
    I have NO IDEA!!

ReputationRep:
    They're just jealous that they can't digest sylabusses into lots of little pieces of information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    They're just jealous that they can't digest sylabusses into lots of little pieces of information.
    lol! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollie)
    Are children being spoon fed with no longer effective information on web based programmes such as BBC Bitesize?

At this specific moment in time, the standards of GCSE results throughout Britain are decreasing.

If we look at recent statistics we see that since Bitesize has been introduced GCSE results have been rapidly going down-hill.

In a recent poll:

60% of teens say that they revise using web based revision

20% of teens say they revise out in the woodland to be at one with nature and take in the beauty of the scenery for inspiration

10% of teens bragged "I don't revise, its for wussies"

another 10% of teens said "I revise the night before but usually wake up in the middle of the night having wet the bed"

So we can tell that Web based revision is the most popular form of revision amongst teenagers. But when asked in a recent survey "Why do you use the internet for revision" some answers were shocking:

"My parents think i'm revising, I keep bitesize up on one screen and google on the other and when they aren't near I search for swear words"

"I use the internet for revision only so that one day I will have to buy glasses, I really want glasses but I need to impair my vision first"

"My mum made me, I wanted to revise on the chimney but she shouted at me really loudly and me cry."

"My dad thought it would be a good idea"

"I don't want to lose weight"

Children aren't using these sites for the benefit of education, they are using it for excuses to be on the internet.

We must ban this and force children to resort back to revising in the woodland as they should be.

It is also revealed that 30% of children who revise online have projectile diarrhoea in the middle of exams whilst the others sit content with orgasmic pleasures coursing throught their bodies.

:questionm what's this about! lol.
    This is all deadly serious stuff, no tongue-in-cheek business at all

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.