Would you ever go into an exam without revision?

Watch
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm thinking of doing this with a few of my exams - particulary ICT. I really don't know what to revise and looking through past papers, it's stuff that even if I did revise, it will not even be on the exam paper.

So, I'm taking a risk and probably won't be revising for that exam. :rolleyes:

Anyways, would you ever go into an exam without revision?
Tabers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No way. I would worry way too much and just make a complete and utter mess about it.

Just go through the past papers and revision guides. Ask the teacher for help.
Wesssty
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
For ICT just learn the legislation, bam.
Leon Trotsky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did my GCSE English Lit exam with no revision whatsoever and managed to get an A - it's the one subject I was a natural at. I regret not taking it to A Level now...
StartSomething
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes, I have gone into an exam without revision many times. However I wouldn't advise it. The times that I have done this, I've got much lower grades.
Snavej
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I already have...
AQA Physics, for the core exam... i went in, no revision, and i got 100, but i like physics... so that may be why...
my other sciences i just read though all my work night before...
but i guess it all depends on the person!
Blu3j4yw4y
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Did pretty much nothing for Int 2 Maths, Physics, Music, French and P.E last year.

Ironically scored higher in the first four above than I did for History, which I spent several days revising on :p:
MewMachine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Addzter)
I did my GCSE English Lit exam with no revision whatsoever and managed to get an A - it's the one subject I was a natural at. I regret not taking it to A Level now...
Aha, you actually have to do revision at A level :p: But yeah, it's definitely one of those subjects at GCSE where if you have a talent, it doesn't require revision to get an A.
rosysilhouette
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have done it before and completely messed up (no surprise there)
on the subject of ICT, I resat a module i got a D in (when i had revised!) and couldnt be bothered doing any revision and got an A, so yeah

edit: oh i was talking about a level haha
Lewis :D
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did for all my Science exams and got Cs, however I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as I'm particularly lazy and just scraped those grades.
fretter778
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did for most of my GCSEs
pina.Love
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
without revision? well some people can as long as they have good teachers always listen in class and always do their homework then yes its possible.
Unless there are people that do not ever go to school then its not really possible to go into an exam without revision cos there is always some type of revision in class.
abbii
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
GCSEs arnt that bad for it, if you kind of understand it enough to write something that sounds like you know what youre talking about, or if you dont care what you get.
ChrisBan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I didn't revise for any of my GCSEs
SebWillis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I do most my exams without revision tbh. And that's why I only get B/Cs :/. Except in Music, I pwn that one :yep:
Leon Trotsky
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MewMachine)
Aha, you actually have to do revision at A level :p: But yeah, it's definitely one of those subjects at GCSE where if you have a talent, it doesn't require revision to get an A.
Perhaps it was a good choice not taking it then! :lol:
Iepnauy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not if I had a choice.

I got (swine?) flu after my non-calculator maths exam so I spent a few days off (excluding weekend) and I could not do any revision as I was always in bed. Thus had to do my calculator exam with little/no revision.

I would always suggest revising . Unless you don't have a choice
RamsFanNo1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you go into an exam without any sort of preperation, then all I can say is you deserve to fail.
infernalcradle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
for GCSE...did jack ****...6A* 4A

for A level...(jan modules) did jack ****...ABCE....:facepalm:
historyIScool
Report 9 years ago
I have never been into an exam having revised. I really do deserve to fail.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (94)
61.44%
No (59)
38.56%

Watched Threads