Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomInPortsmouth)
    I just read on the BBC health site that apparently "sports drinks" are good before you goto bed after a sesh. Anyone verify or do I have to conduct an experiment?
    That works because when you are on the lash, and pissing all of the time you are losing essential salts which can give you a hangover. Sports drinks replace these salts.

Im not even a member of the Med society either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belafron)
    That works because when you are on the lash, and pissing all of the time you are losing essential salts which can give you a hangover. Sports drinks replace these salts.

Ah cool, cheers bud.

ReputationRep:
    No your just a nerd hehe

ReputationRep:

That would explain why you didn't diagnose a hangover being from dehydration rather than salt loss...alcohol is a diuretic substance after all...
    the extra goodies you get in the sports drink are just a bonus to the real deal.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking about underage drinking. has anyone else who is over 18 and has id had problems getting served in the Spar. Supposedly its company policy not to serve alcohol to under 21s. Whats the craick with that?!
    I have id problems everywhere- from pubs, bars... even to buying wine from Sainsburys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    probably your "honorary member" who insulted its work...
    Tis true...the northern soc doesn't include everyone in the country
    quite possibly. ive removed him from the list now that we have mods in our prescence. Dont want them getting upset about the avoidance of the swear filter do we now...

ReputationRep:
    Awww thats pants. I know a lass who is 18 but bouncers keep saying her passport which she uses for ID must be fake, morons.

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by belafron

I meant that was one of the many reasons for a hangover not the only one so :p:

ReputationRep:
    I went to a Navy bar the other night for a friends birthday, showed the bouncer my license and I swear to Jah I have never seen anyone pay so much attention to my face. He even got the UV light to check the hologram and everything. And then I get into the place and it turns out that the birthday girl didn't even have any ID on her anyway!
    And last night I went to a club in Southampton and they were only searching the blokes, empty pockets, looking inside tab packet and everything, gave me a good touching too, yet waving the ladys through! Are women not capable of carrying lethal weapons nowdays?

ReputationRep:
    gave me a good touching too
    Either that or gay...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thealchemist)
    Awww thats pants. I know a lass who is 18 but bouncers keep saying her passport which she uses for ID must be fake, morons.
    I showed them my University id which however doesn't have my age but the course- and thats what they pointed out.

ReputationRep:
    Its funny when if u dont have your ID and they ask you for your date of birth and star sign etc, you can see them trying to the mental arithmatic and eventually give up and say OK in you go hehe ijit's :p:

ReputationRep:
    just had to go and get some milk for my dad coming home, he had a right go at me on the phone for not having any. Good job i hadnt been drinking tonight. Had to go to the garage in the pissing rain!

ReputationRep:
    Thats a bit harsh ins't it. Good job he didn't come back last night hehe

ReputationRep:
    yup. pretty good night wasnt it? my bro getting pulled over by the cops hehe.

ReputationRep:
    You know what?

No matter how much I drink, what i drink, whether I mix it, whether or not I've had anything to eat...I never get hangovers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    You know what?

No matter how much I drink, what i drink, whether I mix it, whether or not I've had anything to eat...I never get hangovers!
    aww these young'uns are so lucky...they'll know what a true hangovers like when they're a bit more grown up!
    I get the same to be honest...i only get hangovers on extreme nights or when i'm feeling a bit ill like i was on saturday

ReputationRep:
    lucky for some eh? i dont always get hangovers but unfortunately often when ive been drinking i cant get t osleep unless ive been sick

ReputationRep:
    Lucky for some! I've only ever had one after breaking all the rules fo drining of not mixing etc, but usually im ok. I feel sorry for ppl who go out dont drink much and wake up throbbing...HA HA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    aww these young'uns are so lucky...they'll know what a true hangovers like when they're a bit more grown up!
    I get the same to be honest...i only get hangovers on extreme nights or when i'm feeling a bit ill like i was on saturday
    Young'uns?! I'm older than you sunshine!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.