Malibu & Pineapple
    Cider

ReputationRep:
    ME!!!!!!! :p: Please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jen)
    one of the main causes of a hangover is dehydration
    honest it works!
    yea...i know...but while you re-hydrate you hydrate the bed too watch trainspotting for an even more worrying example

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    yea...i know...but while you re-hydrate you hydrate the bed too watch trainspotting for an even more worrying example
    what a nice picture i have in my head now.....thanks....... :p:

ReputationRep:
    yeah thanks for the mental bikerx23 lol. thankfully drinking has not caused my bowels to collapse unlike Spud's! If u haven't seen trainspotting, be grateful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    You're in; update your sig.

About the water, i always drink plenty of water before i go to bed and it does seem to work. Has anyone else tried the supposed "hangover cure" pills such as RU21 and ActivK (www.hatehangovers.com) these are "activated carbon/charcoal" pills. I tried Activk once and it did work but they cost quite a bit...

ReputationRep:
    i havent tried any of the pills, i stick to water and resolve! anyway, i am usually behind the bar rather than propping it up - not that i am complaining i love it! barmaid extraordinaire.....

ReputationRep:
    Milks quite good for preventing hangovers.

ReputationRep:
    Milks quite good for preventing hangovers.

i heard that too.....'lines the stomach' or something..... but i detest milk! i dunno, the thought of drinking milk then going out and necking a load of lager makes me feel sick - wouldnt mix well.......

i suppose you could drink baileys.......

ReputationRep:
    Baileys and other drinks just do not mix with lager and other acidic drinks-Just think of the cream in it curdling...

PS If you like this thread please rate it, i am currently trying to persuade the mods to move it into the societies forum where it belongs.

ReputationRep:
    Success! The Big Fat Pink Super Moderator pig has deigned us worthy to be moved into the societies. Big round of applause... :congrats:

However this comes with a word of warning- keep it spam free (?) or it will be moved out.

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I think this calls for a celebration.....ladies and gents...raise your glasses...

ReputationRep:
    Alan Partridge managed with his "Lady-Boys" chasers for Lager...
    Gin & Tonic and a Small Baileys

ReputationRep:

Sorry but im afraid im going to have to downgrade you to an honourary member with you only being 15! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Harsh, but we must protect the shandy bladders from themselves hehe. Whats the most anyones ever spent on drink in one night, i think the most i've ever spent was £40, obviously i dont really remember what on

ReputationRep:
    that sounds about right for me too...although i have had significantly more than that spent on me (company i worked for got invited to a big celebration dinner because they won some contract from sony at rick steins restaurant in padstow - we necked some extremely expensive bubbly that night - not from our own pockets either )

ReputationRep:
    I think the most ive spent is £35 on a saturday night so that includes club entry I was still absolutely wrecked though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thealchemist)
    Harsh, but we must protect the shandy bladders from themselves hehe. Whats the most anyones ever spent on drink in one night, i think the most i've ever spent was £40, obviously i dont really remember what on
    I've easily spent £80 in a night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    that sounds about right for me too...although i have had significantly more than that spent on me (company i worked for got invited to a big celebration dinner because they won some contract from sony at rick steins restaurant in padstow - we necked some extremely expensive bubbly that night - not from our own pockets either )
    That reminds me of a time when me and thealchemist were invited to a works do (B&Q) and we were promised £20 to spend on drink which was good. We started off in the pub and we pretended we didnt have any money to start with so we could get some extra free drinks hehehe. well we werent going to spend our own money when we were going to get free money later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*Sweetness*~)
    I've easily spent £80 in a night
    How on earth can spend £80 in one night? What were you drinking? :eek:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.