Turn on thread page Beta

New 'Arthurian Legends/King Arthur Society' watch

ReputationRep:
    Is Sir Lancelot anywhere near where he was once upon a time?

ReputationRep:
    !Yay!

ReputationRep:
    Lancelot is far far away from Houston. He is now in Yorkshire.

ReputationRep:
    Are you at York university?

ReputationRep:
    Nope... think south riding.

ReputationRep:
    I am just posting this message to keep this thread going.

ReputationRep:
    BTW, we need a King Arthur. Lancelot is getting bored sitting here in the Lake of Avalon recovering from a night of getting hammered.

ReputationRep:
    I read about that in the Drinking board. Sir Lancelot, you need to take care of yourself
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    BTW, we need a King Arthur. Lancelot is getting bored sitting here in the Lake of Avalon recovering from a night of getting hammered.
    OMG, don't we have one yet? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur-de-lis)
    I read about that in the Drinking board. Sir Lancelot, you need to take care of yourself
    Sir Lancelot has learned his lesson. I will drink with more moderation. I wanted to see what being hammered was like, and it was a lot of fun.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I foresee dark days of temptation ahead for Sir Lancelot.

ReputationRep:
    Thou need not worry. I will never do that again. My liver is too precious for me. But thank you Sir Galahad for looking out for your father, whose youth and immaturity are prone to leading him astray.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:Bis vivit qui bene vivit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur-de-lis)
    :rofl:Bis vivit qui bene vivit
    My latin is awful.... So does that translate to 'value life is the best life'? What does the smiley doing the teeth thing mean too?

ReputationRep:
    Smiley- rofl

Your latin is better than mine & it means 'He lives twice who lives well'

ReputationRep:
    Cheers! But was does 'rofl' mean? I am a bit thick when it comes to slang and colloquialisms.

ReputationRep:
    apparently means rolling on the floor, laughing.
    I am quite bad with slang and colloquialisms as well

ReputationRep:
    My friend just told me about a very interesting theory. He believes that the earliest Arthurian Legends came from the Continent and were carried to Britain by the Celts. He explained that over time the stories became more centered on the Isles and evolved with the culture of the times. He then went on to explain that this might reveal why so many of the Arthurian Legends take place in France, and why the French where so intent on recording these very 'British' stories. What would you all believe.

ReputationRep:
    I am very content in believing that all this happened in England... that's all that is enough for my little mind I don't want to burst that bubble

ReputationRep:
    It's been a while, I was struck down by a mighty battle with influenza, how are things in Camelot nowadays? Are we still without a King?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2006
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.