The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Alas, I bow thy head in shame, i Failed on thy quest to find the Knight I spoke of.

gawain-(i do not deserve a capital G)
Reply 161
dont deserve??? who ever heard of a name withOUT a capital. Put the "G" back on it! :smile:
He just is sad about not achieving his quest- Prithee noble Gawain, thine humbleness hath caused thou to be risen up in our esteem :biggrin:
Reply 163
GAWAIN! huzzah! dont worry, i have failed certain quests. :biggrin:
What happened Sir Cadogan?
Reply 165
Sir Cee is still here. Although the discussion of whoever or whatever may continue without Sir Cee, for he has little knowledge upon his own kingdom. :frown:
Never mind, we need you to be near us and with us always :smile:
I have failed in all my quests :rofl:

...erm, I mean... *bows head in shame*
What quest was that?
The quest to post 'Indeed' before Ajdabrill could...
And where was that?
trish xx
may i join, and take the name of Queen Elaine the mother of Lancelot, and wife to King Ban of Benwick?

I though Elaine was Lancelot's wife, and therefore mother to Galahad?
Lancelot had too many Elaines in his life. Since Trish specified about King Ban, I guess she is right- as his mother was Helen/Elaine of Banoic/Benwick.

Galahad's mother is also an Elaine.
Galahads mother is Elain, the Damosel of the Scalding Bath.
Back to the arguement about whether there were non-white knights...... We must remember that Arthur lived in the post-Roman, pre-Saxon period of British History. We may consider the men of the Round table to be knights, but the idea of a knight came along much later with the Norman invasion. The characters we encounter were simple warriors and warlords who served a King, and in Arthur's world, all it took to become a man of power was good Battle skills. Because of the Roman Empire, it is more than probable that people from African provinces settled in Roman Britain. In addition, the widespread slave trade probably ensured that there was a sizeable non-white population in Britain at the end of the Roman era. Some of these slaves or settlers may have become warriors or warlords in the chaos after the Roman exodus, and this is not a far fetched idea.
SolInvincitus
Galahads mother is Elain, the Damosel of the Scalding Bath.

Lancelot had a wife, named Elaine, and his mother was Elaine....I am the Elaine who is his mother!!:biggrin:
Reply 176
Elaine??? who-da-hada!?

Sir Cee is still an ignorant brute.. :frown:
fleur-de-lis
And where was that?
Just about every thread that was active at the time :biggrin:
Aha may I be the Black Knight then please/?
Sure Jay, you have been knighted as the 'Black Knight'

Latest