3 voicemail greeting - how to delete?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
pamelaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I don't want to have voicemail on my phone. I'm with 3 btw. It won't let me delete the greeting though at the end where it tells you to leave a message (it's a recorded one by me lol and i just sound like a **** in it), despite me deleting it ages ago. I know it's still there because I phoned my phone from another phone.

Anyone whoever helps me get rid of it gets +rep and :hugs:
?!master?!mini?!
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by pamelaa)
I don't want to have voicemail on my phone. I'm with 3 btw. It won't let me delete the greeting though at the end where it tells you to leave a message (it's a recorded one by me lol and i just sound like a **** in it), despite me deleting it ages ago. I know it's still there because I phoned my phone from another phone.

Anyone whoever helps me get rid of it gets +rep and :hugs:

call 123

make sure there are no voicemails in your inbox.

make sure you are on the main menu

press 3

press 1

press 3
secretmessages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Removed the +rep bit from the thread title as you're not supposed to advertise rep within titles (within the body of the post is fine :top:)
pamelaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by secretmessages)
Removed the +rep bit from the thread title as you're not supposed to advertise rep within titles (within the body of the post is fine :top:)
Ah Ok thanks only did it because I know it encourages people to help quickly lol
pamelaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
call 123

make sure there are no voicemails in your inbox.

make sure you are on the main menu

press 3

press 1

press 3
Thanks... I did that but it said that I didn't have a greeting recorded :cry:
secretmessages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ah Ok thanks only did it because I know it encourages people to help quickly lol
The only reason we disallow it in thread titles is because it often encourages the wrong type of user, so to speak - those who seek rep instead of those who just want to help
?!master?!mini?!
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thanks... I did that but it said that I didn't have a greeting recorded :cry:
Record a new one? This should surely replace the old one.
pamelaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
Record a new one? This should surely replace the old one.
I don't want a new one though. I just want a generic voicemail computer lady person telling them to leave a message instead of me talking :p: Dunno if 3 do this though... hm
pipsi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think 3 do that, my Mum and sister are both on 3 and if i get their voicemail i hear them hanging up (obviously didn't say anything when they had to record their message) and then it's the computer lady saying please leave your message after the tone. Only thing you could do is to maybe record a message that is just you hanging up so there isn't a message or call three and ask them to disable the voicemail if they can.
pamelaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by pipsi)
I don't think 3 do that, my Mum and sister are both on 3 and if i get their voicemail i hear them hanging up (obviously didn't say anything when they had to record their message) and then it's the computer lady saying please leave your message after the tone. Only thing you could do is to maybe record a message that is just you hanging up so there isn't a message or call three and ask them to disable the voicemail if they can.
Ah good idea I'll try record a new message and hang up.

Hopefully will be leaving 3 soon, they're not bad, it's just little things like that that annoy me lol.
pipsi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ah good idea I'll try record a new message and hang up.

Hopefully will be leaving 3 soon, they're not bad, it's just little things like that that annoy me lol.

I think they're pretty rubbish, i've never used them myself but my Mum and sister both have problems with their phones, i can't ring either of them when they're in the house on their mobiles because the signal is rubbish, i just use the land line to reach them. Even when they're out their signal seems to be pretty patchy, i'm on vodafone at the minute which seems to be one of the better networks for coverage. O2 are good for coverage too but i fell out with them when i spent time abroad for a few months, i set up the European roaming package so i would be cheaper, but instead of keeping the roaming thing in place until i cancelled it they kept cancelling it each month so i'd then end up with a bill for £300, in the end they refused to refund the charges even thought they were at fault so i cancelled my contract, paid it off and moved to Vodafone. I used to be with Virgin before i moved to O2, i left them because they put their charges up and started charging for paper statements. Because i'd been a customer for 8 plus years my monthly fee was meant to reduce every year, the nail in the coffin was when i was browsing their website and discovered new customers could get a better deal than i had, after a while they agreed to match it but by that time i was so pissed off i just moved. They had a good deal where you earn reward points for every £10 you spend so i was basically able to upgrade my phone (to the value of £100) every few months and still only had a 30 day rolling contract. Better than having to sign into a 12 month contract to get a new phone or pay cash. That's the only draw back with Vodafone, i upgraded to a really posh phone and i'm 8 months into an 18 month contract, i prefer the flexibility with a 30 day rolling contract, less commitment.
cammiegrace
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dial 172 and press option one for the full personalized greeting.

Press 1 to record a new greeting, when prompted to record, press # instead.

This will revert to the standard greeting.
Danielcalutul
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can I recover a deleted voice message (3)? I call the person direct from voice mail and I don't have the phone number in my call log and after that I delete voice message by mistake.
Prince05562
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When u press 123 it’s 3 then 1 then it will tell u to delete it from all call in option 5 if ur with 3
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Prince05562)
When u press 123 it’s 3 then 1 then it will tell u to delete it from all call in option 5 if ur with 3
This thread is from 2010. Please check thread dates before posting in future.

Thread closed.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (289)
84.5%
No (53)
15.5%

Watched Threads