Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol - first off, please understand that this is a tongue-in-cheek post, I'm not actually concerned with sizing up the booty. BUT it's always seemed to me that people who aren't interested in Oxbridge (who are often the people who don't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting in anyway) think that they'd 'totally hate to go there, cos like everyone's minGing and like wasserpoint of uni if you can't pull someone dead fit like'...

So please, resident Oxbridgers, are you and all your counterparts odd to look at? Or have you spotted quite a few fitties in your day that disproves this stereotype?

ReputationRep:
    surely Oxbridge Hottie is an oxymoron?

ReputationRep:
    well its not so much that there aren't so many good lookin girls around, the problem is that they are all very intelligent! so very few are into random pulling in clubs, this means its not the same experience you would get at other uni's. however that is why they decided to create Oxford Brookes! (haha at all of you at Cambridge who don't have a Brookes near you)

ReputationRep:
    lolol - I'm finding that funnier that I should

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tagzt)
    well its not so much that there aren't so many good lookin girls around, the problem is that they are all very intelligent! so very few are into random pulling in clubs, this means its not the same experience you would get at other uni's. however that is why they decided to create Oxford Brookes! (haha at all of you at Cambridge who don't have a Brookes near you)

Anglia poly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tagzt)
    Cambridge Brookes...aah I can see it now...

ReputationRep:
    You're being quite stingy with imparting any evidence in the form of your own aesthetic qualities. Are you just a bunch of hideous young men using your intellectual cunning to navigate your tongues down unsuspecting Polytechnic babes...

Edit: oh and the girls too - I don't want to leave the females out of the sexual predation fun...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucerna)
    Cambridge Brookes...aah I can see it now...
    lol, Cambridge may finish higher in the league tables but when it comes to the "Brookes" factor, OXford wins hands down!

ReputationRep:
    i saw quite a few dark haired beauties when i went there! But no more no less than any other of the uni's i went to!

ReputationRep:
    Heres a thought - did anyone actually talk to the students when they were at Oxbridge open days?

I did and hardly any of them had personality disorders and there were even a few good looking ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaF)
    Heres a thought - did anyone actually talk to the students when they were at Oxbridge open days?

I did and hardly any of them had personality disorders and there were even a few good looking ones.
    there were a few good looking applicants this year. Not that many good looking students though. My guess is that the good looking ones had already fled before the interviews started.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say that Wadham is tha place for fit girls! (not me, my friends). i think i could quite happily 'do' any of the girlies there, seriously sexy bunch. there's even a bit of a reputation going around about the fresher girls this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlywee)
    I have to say that Wadham is tha place for fit girls! (not me, my friends). i think i could quite happily 'do' any of the girlies there, seriously sexy bunch. there's even a bit of a reputation going around about the fresher girls this year!
    You think Wadhamites have reputation??? You don't know the meaning of the word... :rolleyes:

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    There are a fair few around, I'd say there's also a lot more middle ground than where I come from though.
    It's probably also worth pointing out that those that are disparaging of oxbridge people's attractiveness are also disparaging of the clubbing potential. I think there's a fair few in cam at least who don't feel the need to live the 'stereotypical' student lifestyle.

Sadly I'm not a hottie though, sorry

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    wadham has a load of hotties??? well at least tell us before we apply! now im stuck in keble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    You think Wadhamites have reputation??? You don't know the meaning of the word... :rolleyes:

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    its true, no girls can match up to the reputation of the hildabeasts!

ReputationRep:
    Surely, though, the effervescent wit and sparkling intellect of Oxbridge people should more than compensate for any lack of conventional hottie-ness - right?
    There seemed to be a fair amount of cuteness around when I was at Cambridge for Open Day and interview, but maybe I was just dazzled by the Cambridgeyness. (Like, "Hey, that guy was actually accepted." *swoon*)
    God, I'm a geek.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tifa)
    lol - first off, please understand that this is a tongue-in-cheek post, I'm not actually concerned with sizing up the booty. BUT it's always seemed to me that people who aren't interested in Oxbridge (who are often the people who don't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting in anyway) think that they'd 'totally hate to go there, cos like everyone's minGing and like wasserpoint of uni if you can't pull someone dead fit like'...

So please, resident Oxbridgers, are you and all your counterparts odd to look at? Or have you spotted quite a few fitties in your day that disproves this stereotype?
    Some people can be so superficial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Some people can be so superficial.
    ouch

ReputationRep:
    I'm on your side Tifa! we need to know what we're getting ourselves into before we arrive, when i went for interview i clocked a few hotties but maybe that's just the college i was looking round!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.