This discussion is closed.
DamianHolt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wouldn't know about Cambridge, but at Oxford there are LOADS of stunning girls, real classy ladies, but most of the blokes are trolls. Quite fortunate really...

From what I've seen Wadham is the fittest college in Oxford, and Oriel is the mingingest. You don't want to go to Oriel.
tagzt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by erika_johanna)
Surely, though, the effervescent wit and sparkling intellect of Oxbridge people should more than compensate for any lack of conventional hottie-ness - right?
There seemed to be a fair amount of cuteness around when I was at Cambridge for Open Day and interview, but maybe I was just dazzled by the Cambridgeyness. (Like, "Hey, that guy was actually accepted." *swoon*)
God, I'm a geek.
depends what sort of person you are. if you are the more posh, "upmarket" sort of person who prefers trendy wine bars to packed clubs and are looking for intellectual stimualtion from your partner as opposed to random sex then yeh you will love the intellect of the girls of oxford (but being intellectual does not also make you witty)

however if you are more like the average student who happens to be quite clever and got into oxbridge then you're more likely to be chasing girls on dancefloors where the music is loud and the club is packed. if you're this sort of person then the sparklling intellect/wit of a girl makes f*** all difference because you have only thing and one thing only on your mind!
Tifa
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by tagzt)
depends what sort of person you are. if you are looking for intellectual stimualtion from your partner as opposed to random sex
Hmm... I don't know too many of those...

I wasn't actually aware that an 18-early20s male variety existed...
tagzt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tifa)
Hmm... I don't know too many of those...

I wasn't actually aware that an 18-early20s male variety existed...
lol...u'd be surprised, some of the posh boys are very mature for their ages. however me and my mates all fall into the second category!
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
After looked through some of the pic archives posted on the student unions' sites, I think I've applied to the wrong place.
Bubblymintyaero
Report 16 years ago
:rolleyes:

Every university in the country must have good looking and not so good looking people...
I've met some very good looking people at Oxford... and some who don't look so good, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles!

As for 'bad' reputations of the rather cool kind, I'd have to agree and say St Hilda's win hands down. Although I too have heard these rumours about risque girlies in the First Year at Wadham... and if Queer Bop was anything to go by, definitely prospective 'bad' reputation coming there...

Jess, who isn't one of the pretty people...
xxx
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i would have loved to been able to sample the ladies at oxford, alas i will have to make do with the 99% male population at imperial lol
Brown Patrick Bateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tagzt)
well its not so much that there aren't so many good lookin girls around, the problem is that they are all very intelligent! so very few are into random pulling in clubs, this means its not the same experience you would get at other uni's. however that is why they decided to create Oxford Brookes! (haha at all of you at Cambridge who don't have a Brookes near you)
Lol does being intelligent necessarily mean not into pulling? Anyway, they're not minging. If you like posh totty there's plenty of it - http://www.rockstudent.com/photos.php - but yeah hard to get... I think for girls looks can often be as influential as grades when it comes to the interviews...!
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jools)
Lol does being intelligent necessarily mean not into pulling? Anyway, they're not minging. If you like posh totty there's plenty of it - http://www.rockstudent.com/photos.php - but yeah hard to get... I think for girls looks can often be as influential as grades when it comes to the interviews...!

Brown Patrick Bateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
You wouldn't want to think so but I'm sure it's true... dirty 50yr old prof, who would he rather tutor for 3/4 yrs...?
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jools)
You wouldn't want to think so but I'm sure it's true... dirty 50yr old prof, who would he rather tutor for 3/4 yrs...?

I had two male profs, both in their early 30s...
lucerna
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by edders)
i would have loved to been able to sample the ladies at oxford, alas i will have to make do with the 99% male population at imperial lol
I didn't know that...

*briefly considers changing her second choice to Imperial*

Hehe
devilschild
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
just because people are intelligent doesn't mean they're not into casual sex the students ive spoken to at cambridge are far from stereotypical and there must be some fit blokes there somewhere!
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lala)
Anyone know if she could get 'fit college of the week' from the Cherwell online? I dunno how to find it.
http://cherwell.ospl.org/college.php

(Original post by lala)
Actually, when you see someone really beautiful here its quite irritating, because nobody should be spectacularly gorgeous and have brains as well, its just not at all fair! Especially if they are also rich and genuinely lovely, which quite a few are. I know one who is like that and you cant even hate her cos she's just such a sweetie. Life just isnt fair sometimes.
lol, i know what you mean! =)
Tifa
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Ahem - there's been a lot of mention of female tottie.. but not so much of the generally taller and hairier kind...

Am I to believe that Oxbridge is a coy ploy to entrap young females in a pool of men who've paid too many a visit to the Ugly tree?
Bumblebee3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tifa)
Ahem - there's been a lot of mention of female tottie.. but not so much of the generally taller and hairier kind...

Am I to believe that Oxbridge is a coy ploy to entrap young females in a pool of men who've paid too many a visit to the Ugly tree?
Don't worry Tifa - avoid the compscis and go straight for a lovely boatie (of which there are plenty - it's just that controlling their egos is like croc wrestling.) Otherwise I can vouch for the fact there are some lovely archaeologists...wining and dining to the boaties whining and scoffing.
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Haz)
Don't worry Tifa - avoid the compscis and go straight for a lovely boatie (of which there are plenty - it's just that controlling their egos is like croc wrestling.) Otherwise I can vouch for the fact there are some lovely archaeologists...wining and dining to the boaties whining and scoffing.
Erm, sorry to be stupid, but what's a boatie?
Bumblebee3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by meepmeep)
Erm, sorry to be stupid, but what's a boatie?
Sorry, Cambridge speak - a boatie is someone who rows.
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Haz)
Sorry, Cambridge speak - a boatie is someone who rows.
Ah, now I see thanks. And what's the best rowing college then?
tagzt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
I had two male profs, both in their early 30s...
my my, when do you get time to study?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.12%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (47)
13.54%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (129)
37.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (35)
10.09%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.6%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
5.48%

Watched Threads