Turn on thread page Beta

I need your oppinions please. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    I need some feed back...
    Could you take a look at this and let me know how long it takes to load.
    It is abit graphic intense, I'm debating whether to tone down the ammount of images on this page and create individual pages with a handful of images on each.
    Thanks guys
    My new home page
    it took 10 seconds

you have a haunted house page.

how did you do all that.i want a website like that how did you get music on your site.How much did it cost you to open it?

ReputationRep:
    Ok I put a stop link in for the midi file, the requirement is a midi that plays on page load with an infinite loop. Still does that so it should be ok.
    unfortunately until it is graded the cursor trail has to stay. Unless you know a way to set an option to disable it?
    graded?

huh?

what are you using to do this?

ReputationRep:
    i gave up after about 2 mins - mind u i'm still on 28k (off 56k modem). u do have a bit too much on there to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    the site is great and were did you get them animation stuff from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    graded?

huh?

what are you using to do this?
    I'm going to school for web design and graghic arts, basically we have an assignment at the moment which is to create a homepage to showcase everything we have done so far and have links to all of the other projects we have going. We also had to apply specific elements to the page.
    When you ask what I am using, do you mean what type of system?
    If so it's an old decrepid 1998 gateway p2, 128mb ram, w/ windows 98 installed. It's not capable of running everything I'm running on it and is in the process of dying. I'm getting a brand new one in a month so I'm not worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    it took 10 seconds

you have a haunted house page.

how did you do all that.i want a website like that how did you get music on your site.How much did it cost you to open it?
    The haunted house is all hand coded, good old fashioned <html>.
    The music is from midi files, coded into the page.
    Cost? No cost it's all on the school server.

ReputationRep:
    The haunted house is all hand coded, good old fashioned <html>.
    The music is from midi files, coded into the page.
    Cost? No cost it's all on the school server.
    so there wasnt a site you got the graphics from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    so there wasnt a site you got the graphics from?
    The majority of the images on the haunted house are my own, my instructor got the rest for me, I'm not sure where.

ReputationRep:
    about 2 mins all told on a 56k, so its ok i guess...

im afraid i agree with the consensus on the mouse trails, me and a mte tried to make the worst website in the world, and WE used poiter trails and cheap midi music... nuff said!

some nice graphic stuff tho...

ReputationRep:
    The majority of the images on the haunted house are my own, my instructor got the rest for me, I'm not sure where.
    see if you can find out were because im actually making a most hauntd website at the mo and graphics would be cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    about 2 mins all told on a 56k, so its ok i guess...

im afraid i agree with the consensus on the mouse trails, me and a mte tried to make the worst website in the world, and WE used poiter trails and cheap midi music... nuff said!

some nice graphic stuff tho...
    I don't have a choice, I'll lose 10% of my grade if I take it out.
    Hmmm, *starts to question instructors sanity* Why did he make this a requirement if they are so bad? I'm going to ask him that, right after he grades it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a choice, I'll lose 10% of my grade if I take it out.
    Hmmm, *starts to question instructors sanity* Why did he make this a requirement if they are so bad? I'm going to ask him that, right after he grades it.
    ...is your instructor affiliated in any way with the mallet league? he sounds like the perfect member...

ReputationRep:
    ...is your instructor affiliated in any way with the mallet league? he sounds like the perfect member...
    Dunno? He just loves anything java related, he stands in the front of the room all excited going "java java java java java java java java........" really fast.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno? He just loves anything java related, he stands in the front of the room all excited going "java java java java java java java java........" really fast.
    dunno why, but the way you wrote that, it makes it sound like some kind of wierd mating call!? anything else we should know before we call the authorities?

ReputationRep:
    dunno why, but the way you wrote that, it makes it sound like some kind of wierd mating call!? anything else we should know before we call the authorities?
    LOL. If I get thrown out of class the next time he does that, for laughing my ass off, the blame will be on your shoulders!

ReputationRep:
    LOL. If I get thrown out of class the next time he does that, for laughing my ass off, the blame will be on your shoulders!
    just thank the mallet

ReputationRep:
    I need some feed back...
    It is abit graphic intense, I'm debating whether to tone down the ammount of images on this page and create individual pages with a handful of images on each.
    Thanks guys
    My new home page
    well considering it takes my p/c like 3 mins to change pages, it took 6 mins but my comp is a dinosaur so it really depends on your computer i think, most people it wont take too long.
    oh hey cool sight by the way infin.

ReputationRep:
    I need some feed back...
    Thanks guys
    My new home page
    Doesn't look very good on Mozilla 1.4 under Linux (loads of incorrectly overlapping layers etc.), though I'm sure if I could be bothered to boot into Windows and use IE, it would work.

Takes about two seconds on my (broadband) connection to load.

ReputationRep:
    "Infinity Web Design" isn't a good title, as you're not a web design company or something.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe it, but I seem to be one of the very few to recognize Dust In The Wind here. lol. It used to be my ex-fiance and I's song, eh. Everything is dust in the wind there, too, though. I never thought I'd hear it on midi instruments. It sounds like elavtor music, but I'll hook up the Korg and see if it sounds better on more realistic sounding samples. You play it in manually, did you? We're definitely not in Kansas anymore.... ^_^

Nice Site
    Loaded instantly over here. - just as short hiccup - blink of an eye, then Kansas and Pegasus.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.