How do i move on in tennis Watch

move to the beat
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have played tennis for some years now, and my coach said i shouls start entering competions but i worryed that i will not be good enough. i my self wont to take my tennis to the next level. Am i worrying to much and just give it a go or shall i just carry on with trainning, how do i get the confidentence to compete against other players.
:woo:
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My, haven't you got confidence and ambition?

If you're not going to enter any competitions because you're worried you'll lose, but still want to be a success in tennis, you may as well pack it in.
The Stig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Your coach wouldn't advise you to enter if he didn't think you were good enough.

If you don't believe in yourself and your ability your not going to get far. Go for it!
nellydee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
When you enter competitions your game play and strategy will improve as you play to win rather than to rally and focus on the quality and accuracy of your shots as you do when training. This will improve your level of tennis naturally, as you are put in circumstances you've probably never been in before. A great part of professional tennis is about mental strength. You only have to look at young Federer at the age of 13 and 14 to realise that without mental strength it doesn't matter how great a player you are.

At the moment you seem to be lacking confidence and belief in your playing ability. Ditch the negative attitude and play a tournament or two, and each time you walk on court, don't think about the opponents experience/age/skill, but merely focus on the weakpoints of their game and the strong points of yours. It'll go a long way in improving your tennis and you'll probably see yourself produce some quality tennis you never knew you had in you. Good luck!
move to the beat
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thanks guys, i am going to do a match in 2 weeks time thanks to your advice, i was going to pull out. but i really does not matter if i win or lose as long as i get the experience i need. i understand now thanks guys.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (146)
38.32%
No - but I will (21)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (186)
48.82%

Watched Threads