Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so i've already applied to trinity for bio natsci, but i'm just curious:

is there any sort of "ranking" for the individual subjects/colleges or can anybody say whether trinity is a good choice for natsci and any other considerably good natsci colleges? (that's one looong sentence!! haha)

ReputationRep:
    Emmanuel!

Well I'm saying that now, being slightly biased having got in...but you should check the collegiate league tables for a general idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucerna)
    Emmanuel!

Well I'm saying that now, being slightly biased having got in...but you should check the collegiate league tables for a general idea.

I agree entirely!

ReputationRep:
    ...the collegiate league tables...
    never heard of?! what are these tables and where can i find them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frappucino)
    never heard of?! what are these tables and where can i find them?

I think they're called the Tomkins tables... Not sure if they're available online, been trying to find them but haven't succeeded yet! But anyway, they rank the colleges according to exam results so it's one indication of how academic a college is - whether being academic is a good or a bad thing depends on your viewpoint...

Tables or no tables, Sidney is definitely the best. But then you knew I'd say that

ReputationRep:
    i found it!!!

http://heg.tonbridge-school.co.uk/un....usml#oxfordac

trinity is ranked third!!! yay! now all i have to do is get in...

p.s. sidney is ranked 16th...rahahahahaaaaa don't take it personally, i'm not even in trinity yet...at least not that i know of

ReputationRep:
    i found it!!!

http://heg.tonbridge-school.co.uk/un....usml#oxfordac

trinity is ranked third!!! yay! now all i have to do is get in...

p.s. sidney is ranked 16th...rahahahahaaaaa don't take it personally, i'm not even in trinity yet...at least not that i know of

Sidney was probably lower last year! But no offence taken, college rivalry is only natural. You're just jealous

ReputationRep:
    I take it back, it was 15th last year!

Tompkins 2003

ReputationRep:
    i am SO jelous i can't even put it into words!! i;ve reached a point where i seriously don't even care which college accepts me, i just really really really want to go to cam!! but nevertheless, i can't complain if i go to the 3rd college as opposed to the last...we will see tomorrow (hopfully)

until then: g'nite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    I take it back, it was 15th last year!

Tompkins 2003

oh my, trinity is looking bad this year! i mean last. yeah so my chart was a bit old heh. as i said: i don't care. just wanna attend.

ReputationRep:
    oh my, trinity is looking bad this year! i mean last. yeah so my chart was a bit old heh. as i said: i don't care. just wanna attend.

Trinity is a good college for everything. But even the worst colleges at Cambridge are good. I wish you all the luck in the world!

ReputationRep:
    Bear in mind tables are largly influenced by the intake in any year group, so will fluctuate yearly partly on that basis I would imagine. Think about things like size, location, accomodation etc too.

Times Online has the table.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamer)
    Bear in mind tables are largly influenced by the intake in any year group, so will fluctuate yearly partly on that basis I would imagine. Think about things like size, location, accomodation etc too.

Times Online has the table.
    I dont' think size location and intake makes much difference to the average percentage people receive on their degrees, unless I'm wrong.

I dont' think size location and intake makes much difference to the average percentage people receive on their degrees, unless I'm wrong.
    I think she meant when choosing a college to apply to, you should consider other factors than where it is in the league tables

Although maybe if your accommodation is crappy you wont sleep as well the night before your finals.......?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    I think she meant when choosing a college to apply to, you should consider other factors than where it is in the league tables

Although maybe if your accommodation is crappy you wont sleep as well the night before your finals.......?
    Lol, yes good point. I should probably try reading people's posts a bit more before replying.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.