Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how much have people done for their A2 unit 4 study?

i need to know, im only gonna do 4 chapters/

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Computergeek)

cheers
    Been there, done that, got an A.

ReputationRep:
    im sure u did.....*cough cough

so tell help me by telling me how much u did

ReputationRep:
    im sure u did.....*cough cough

so tell help me by telling me how much u did
    AQA board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    AQA board?
    yeah, just that i dont know how much more to do, its sooooo boring.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, just that i dont know how much more to do, its sooooo boring.
    Going to have to refresh my memory, what is the topic title. Was it systems development?

ReputationRep:
    Going to have to refresh my memory, what is the topic title. Was it systems development?
    err, im talking about a2 design here. although i do do computing, but thats my area of excellence

ReputationRep:
    err, im talking about a2 design here. although i do do computing, but thats my area of excellence
    You mean the practical? Worth something like 40% of your A2?

ReputationRep:
    are u talking about a2 3d design? cos thats what i am talking about

ReputationRep:
    Sorry mate. I thought you meant Computing A level. Dont know the slightest thing about A level design. lol.

ReputationRep:
    hey thats ok!

i do computing as well, what did u get for as?

ReputationRep:
    hey thats ok!

i do computing as well, what did u get for as?
    I got an A at A level. What really annoyed me was the scaling of difficulty. I took CPT4 (or 5, cant remeber which is the theory), and got like half marks 43/90, resitted it in June and got 90/90. The resit paper was soo much easier, it was pathetic.

What about yourself? What language are you programming in? C++? Delphi?

ReputationRep:
    I got an A at A level. What really annoyed me was the scaling of difficulty. I took CPT4 (or 5, cant remeber which is the theory), and got like half marks 43/90, resitted it in June and got 90/90. The resit paper was soo much easier, it was pathetic.

What about yourself? What language are you programming in? C++? Delphi?

well, i am doin a2 at the moment, its quite hard, but i know alot of it. i program in delphi which has a built in assmebly compiler so i found that area easyily enuf, but i got to do the AS retake again as i only got a b which annoyed me as hell., cos i was one mark off and i forgot to get it remarked in time... oh well

ReputationRep:
    well, i am doin a2 at the moment, its quite hard, but i know alot of it. i program in delphi which has a built in assmebly compiler so i found that area easyily enuf, but i got to do the AS retake again as i only got a b which annoyed me as hell., cos i was one mark off and i forgot to get it remarked in time... oh well
    A2 is sooooooooooooo tedious. I hated it. Before I started the course I loved computers, now after completing it, my love and passion have dwindled. I loved the programming aspect (Delphi), but the theory is just sooooooooooooo boring. Fetch-execute cycle, one bit, two bit mantissa, soooo boring.

ReputationRep:
    A2 is sooooooooooooo tedious. I hated it. Before I started the course I loved computers, now after completing it, my love and passion have dwindled. I loved the programming aspect (Delphi), but the theory is just sooooooooooooo boring. Fetch-execute cycle, one bit, two bit mantissa, soooo boring.
    i find it interesting, we actually do vb, but i was saying that i do delphi outside of college. the maths stuff is the part i hate, its the stuff u cant blag ur way through in in the exam, everything else i know lol

ReputationRep:
    i find it interesting, we actually do vb, but i was saying that i do delphi outside of college. the maths stuff is the part i hate, its the stuff u cant blag ur way through in in the exam, everything else i know lol
    VB and Delphi are almost identical. With maths stuff are you reffering to trace tables or the conversion of bytes into numbers?

The exams are plain silly, some of them are blatently hard, and some are just a walk in the park. You just gotta make sure that you do good in your practical. CPT3, to put it mildly, wasy to get high marks in, however for your A2 project, its takes a substancial amount of effort.

ReputationRep:

cheers
    nice user name *snorts*

ReputationRep:
    VB and Delphi are almost identical. With maths stuff are you reffering to trace tables or the conversion of bytes into numbers?

The exams are plain silly, some of them are blatently hard, and some are just a walk in the park. You just gotta make sure that you do good in your practical. CPT3, to put it mildly, wasy to get high marks in, however for your A2 project, its takes a substancial amount of effort.
    yea maths as in floatpoints and crap like that. vb and delphi are very different - vb is oop. delphi has c like synatax, vb is a mish mash of bad programming habbits.
    some exams are really easy but some are stupid, like one was talking about a multiprogramming batch system???? thats like a contridiction to the fullest extent

ReputationRep:
    yea maths as in floatpoints and crap like that. vb and delphi are very different - vb is oop. delphi has c like synatax, vb is a mish mash of bad programming habbits.
    some exams are really easy but some are stupid, like one was talking about a multiprogramming batch system???? thats like a contridiction to the fullest extent
    Ohh, dont get me started. What I hated most out of all the topics where entity-relationship diagrams, that was the only ever thing I found difficult to learn, out of all the syllabus, sounds stupid I know. Logic gate, real time systems, conversion from binary to hex, I could understand, but entity relationship diagrams, not a cat in hell's chance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    nice user name *snorts*
    lol a geeky insult would be this

<loser>you</loser>

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.