The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Every room has a lamp, a bed, a desk/drawer and a wardrobe. You'll also have a phone depending on where you are, and if you need the internet then they *may* have sorted out the wireless network for the campus now; last year it was just a case of luck, if you had a clear view of York House or another wireless access point then you could pick it up, otherwise you'll have to sign up to Keysurf. It's 15.99 and you get a basic dialup service...When I say basic, I mean it.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
appleshampoo
when we get told what accomodation were gettin will we get a list of stuff thats already there and stuff we need 2 take....like i dunno whether to bring a lamp, a duvet, etc etc...
also silly question but can we change the curtains...as long a we put the original ones bak when we leave...cos they look rank in all the pics, and i like my room to look pretty!!! heh heh im so lame!

I don't know about Sussex but i do know a lot of other universities you have to use their linen and curtains because of fire regulations. However because we can take our own bed linen (thank goodness, don't want nasty acrylic stuff!) you can probably change the curtains. also, who's really going to know?!
^

You take your own bed stuff, you don't get supplied with any and you can change the curtains if you want, just change them back afterwards.
Reply 23
Anyone know if it's ok to keep mini fridges in our rooms?
Reply 24
i'm taking a mini fridge and toaster for my room, breakfast in bed lol
Reply 25
I think so, im taking one for milk and stuff for drinking coffee in my room when im near a dealine!
Reply 26
Elementalism
^

You take your own bed stuff, you don't get supplied with any and you can change the curtains if you want, just change them back afterwards.

that's what i said - but at some universities (Royal Holloway and Reading i know) they provide it and you have to use theirs because of fire regulations. the curtains match and that's why i concluded you can probably change curtains at sussex as we take our own bedding.
coolios, i will prob see how bad they are when i get there, duno if i can really be borthered to change them now i think about it....hmmm....we'll see!
yay im excited, i wanna go now!!!
Reply 28
less than a month to go now before we can move in :biggrin:
Does everyone know where they are now?
I haven't got a letter yet and I'm starting to worry. Should I just try and get a place in the private sector?
Reply 30
I'm still waiting to hear, sussex was my insurance so im starting to think i might end up having to look in private sector for somewhere to stay
Me too! Sussex was my insurance!
Can I live with you?
I'm just kidding, but I'll get back to you if I haven't got a letter about accomodation within a week...
Reply 32
Have you tried phoning the housing office? some people seem to have found out about where they are staying through there, i havent yet but might give them a call tomorrow if i dont get any letters through :smile:
I rang them up this morning-

I'm in Park Village. :biggrin:
Reply 34
Im in Park Village too! I had to ring up as well, im in one of the two bed flats.
Number 37 for me... I won't say what letter. :wink:

But am I right in thinking that if there are twelve rooms in each and 3 stories,
letters A-D will be ground floor, E-H first floor and I-L are 2nd floor?
Just trying to think about my positioning. 0_ó
Reply 36
No idea what number as didn't ask them details. I guess we'll bump into each other!
They told me they'd sent out the tenancy agreement pack Friday morning-
so you should find out what House you're in on Monday!

The 2003 figure for rent is £59... no doubt it'll have gone up a fiver since then, though.
Reply 38
ho-hum. i got put in east slope - a far cry from lewes court phase II! i'm a bit disappointed, but at least i'll have wireless network access (apparently). and the rent is a whoooole lot cheaper which i'm sure will turn out to be a godsend (£63 p/w vs. £80+).

we shall see... anyway, i'm in flat 47. anyone else near there?
Reply 39
Well, it turns out I'm in 48C East Slope! I'm pretty happy, it was my first choice.

Latest

Trending

Trending