Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do i change a normal jpeg or gif picture into the right resolution for an avatar?

Please help I'm new!

Love Cloudy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloudy)
    How do i change a normal jpeg or gif picture into the right resolution for an avatar?

Please help I'm new!

Love Cloudy
    You'll need to resize it to 50x50. What graphics program do you use?

ReputationRep:
    I recommend animagic as a programme to use, especially if you want someting that moves

ReputationRep:
    what other programs as i dont know which to use! i cant remember how i did me old one!

ReputationRep:

Please help I'm new!

Love Cloudy
    You need a decent image editing program. Microsoft Paint won't do it, it only crops the image.

Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop, as well as all other remotely decent picture editing programs have image resizing commands.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really sure if my graphics programmes are good enough
    Ive got
    Imaging
    Microsoft Picture It
    Microsoft Photo Editor
    Microsoft Paint

Can I use any of these programs

Write Back
    Love Cloudy

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really sure if my graphics programmes are good enough
    Ive got
    Imaging
    Microsoft Picture It
    Microsoft Photo Editor
    Microsoft Paint

Can I use any of these programs

Write Back
    Love Cloudy
    Photo Editor might do it... but I haven't a clue how to use it, there will be a resize button somewhere.

Picture it Photo Studio is a bit complex for what you want

ReputationRep:
    You could try photo editor but itd be difficult, if its a standard picture all yu need is somethig that has good rulers or tells you the size, and a crop and resize tool, if u want animation you can use any of those mentioned

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.