Is there an age restriction from buying things from Ann Summers? Watch

_Beth_Lou_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi!
I am a member of the management team in an Ann Summers shop so you can trust this reply 100% haha.

You need to be over 16 to be in the shop.
(Young children with parents at all times is usually fine but only in the underwear section)

You need to be over 18 to go into the vibes section.

You also need to be 18 to buy the more erotic underwear (i.e. body stockings and crotchless pants etc)

You should be 18 to order vibes etc online and if you are doing a click and collect and we think you are underage we will check for ID - if you're underage we'll do a return so you get the money back.

These are all legal requirements just like needing ID for alcohol or cigarettes.

Hope that clears everything up

Also, if you are old enough but are still being too loud or perhaps rude or saying things like "this is disgusting who would buy this stuff" (it can upset other customers and puts some cutovers off coming in to our shops) you may be asked to quiet down a bit.
unprinted
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The actual legal situation is going to depend on a number of things. There's no restriction on buying crotchless underwear, for example, but there may be other material around that would mean a restriction on being in the space.

The main problem is that most of the stuff sold there isn't very good. The classic example was an elastic dildo harness - the users are going to get banged in ways they didn't intend....
Catt1233
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No they don't I'm 15 and was buying underwear and stuff and they didn't say anything about me
UKCATrocks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah. 93. After that it looks weird
Peaceu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
No I went in there recently to go bra shopping and they didn’t kick me out. It least, I’m 13 and on the shorter side so it’s not like they thought I was older or anything but I dunno if you can buy a sex toy there tho
lil thot
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So I’m like 15 and me and my friends went in and they sold it to us lol no asking for Id instead they’d asked if we needed help looking 😂
Anon.15747
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m 13 and i was going to go in and ask but t my friend said there was an age restriction
lil thot
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anon.15747)
I’m 13 and i was going to go in and ask but t my friend said there was an age restriction
Ok, if you’re going to buy something, the last thing i would do is ask if there’s an age restriction because they will instantly assume ur underage, just walk in confidently get ur item and pay (if they ask for id say you forgot) and if they refuse to serve you just walk out dont make a scene simple
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (193)
18.7%
No (625)
60.56%
Not really bothered about them (214)
20.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed