To all Successful Oxbridge Applicants.......v.important.... ..please read

Watch
This discussion is closed.
rocksteady99
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
apparently both oxford and cambridge charge an extra 4-5000 pounds per year to their students for a tutoria/supervision/college fee. This is apparently paid by the govt, for all, regardless, but only if you have registered with your lea and your ucas code is 02 on your ucas form (the bit where it asks about how u will finance ur education). My code is now changed to 02, but im wondering if u guys know whether i have 2 contact my lea, so they know i exist etc?
B00kwOrm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rocksteady99)
apparently both oxford and cambridge charge an extra 4-5000 pounds per year to their students for a tutoria/supervision/college fee. This is apparently paid by the govt, for all, regardless, but only if you have registered with your lea and your ucas code is 02 on your ucas form (the bit where it asks about how u will finance ur education). My code is now changed to 02, but im wondering if u guys know whether i have 2 contact my lea, so they know i exist etc?
Well, why don't you ask your HE advisor, the admissions office of your college or the DfES? DfES will reply within 20 workings though (via e-mail that is), so it might be a good idea to phone one of the above.
nero076
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know my fee code etc is correct but thanks for the info, I had never heard about that before.
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yup, there is a college fee, which is covered automatically by the government. You have to contact your LEA to get the student finance assesment forms, but this is the same for everyone going to university who wants subsidised fees/loan entitlement. There are forms to fill in to assess your entitlement to fee support etc etcand this confirms that you are entitled to govt support (even if you have to pay the top level of home student fees) and this means that your college fees will be paid for you too. afaik, you don't even need to think about college fees...just fill in all the finance forms (trust me, there are enough of them!) and you'll be fine!
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if you go to school/college, your school may well give you one that's stamped by them, ask the secretaries or something...

otherwise...
list of LEAs at: http://www.dfes.gov.uk/info/dfeelea.htm

just ring them up and if they ask which department tell them it's about Higher Education funding. I think the form you're after is the HE1.

'tis pretty simple, they should just pop a form into the post for you!

Alaric.
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Apparetly all UK or EU students get this support. Im quite certain I have 02 as my fee code, but I don't bother to find the papers right now...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (32)
8.51%
Confident (49)
13.03%
Indifferent (54)
14.36%
Unsure (95)
25.27%
Worried (146)
38.83%

Watched Threads