Turn on thread page Beta

To all Successful Oxbridge Applicants.......v.important.... ..please read watch

ReputationRep:
    apparently both oxford and cambridge charge an extra 4-5000 pounds per year to their students for a tutoria/supervision/college fee. This is apparently paid by the govt, for all, regardless, but only if you have registered with your lea and your ucas code is 02 on your ucas form (the bit where it asks about how u will finance ur education). My code is now changed to 02, but im wondering if u guys know whether i have 2 contact my lea, so they know i exist etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rocksteady99)
    apparently both oxford and cambridge charge an extra 4-5000 pounds per year to their students for a tutoria/supervision/college fee. This is apparently paid by the govt, for all, regardless, but only if you have registered with your lea and your ucas code is 02 on your ucas form (the bit where it asks about how u will finance ur education). My code is now changed to 02, but im wondering if u guys know whether i have 2 contact my lea, so they know i exist etc?
    Well, why don't you ask your HE advisor, the admissions office of your college or the DfES? DfES will reply within 20 workings though (via e-mail that is), so it might be a good idea to phone one of the above.

ReputationRep:
    I know my fee code etc is correct but thanks for the info, I had never heard about that before.

ReputationRep:
    yup, there is a college fee, which is covered automatically by the government. You have to contact your LEA to get the student finance assesment forms, but this is the same for everyone going to university who wants subsidised fees/loan entitlement. There are forms to fill in to assess your entitlement to fee support etc etcand this confirms that you are entitled to govt support (even if you have to pay the top level of home student fees) and this means that your college fees will be paid for you too. afaik, you don't even need to think about college fees...just fill in all the finance forms (trust me, there are enough of them!) and you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    if you go to school/college, your school may well give you one that's stamped by them, ask the secretaries or something...

otherwise...
    list of LEAs at: http://www.dfes.gov.uk/info/dfeelea.htm

just ring them up and if they ask which department tell them it's about Higher Education funding. I think the form you're after is the HE1.

'tis pretty simple, they should just pop a form into the post for you!

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    Apparetly all UK or EU students get this support. Im quite certain I have 02 as my fee code, but I don't bother to find the papers right now...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.