Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just got my induction program, what the hell is this? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    your what?

ReputationRep:
    yea i got mine the other day, a pre-study pack. basically know the stuff in the book... to get everyone up to the right level... i think...

Yep its a test people do for some courses, if you pass then woohoo, if you fail then i think you have to do a unit to teach you the stuff you need to know

ReputationRep:
    haha, I had that. You have to get 60%. I think i managed about 10%. If you fail, you have to take a Maths Unit. Its mainly A level maths, I only managed a B for GCSE. I hadn't done maths since school when I took my test.

Logs, Ven diagrams, hexadecimal, octal, Sum Ofs (with all those Greek letters) etc. Don't worry about it too much. I managed to pass the test in January with 72%. They teach it really well and make it very easy to understand.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, I'm pretty screwed then. I got a U in Maths this year... Oooooops! I tried really hard for it though i could just never get the hang of literally *any* A Level stuff.

ReputationRep:
    When i took the test at the first, I guessed on every single question. Then when it came to the real exam, I was pretty damn confident. The lectures do help.

ReputationRep:
    eh?? why have i never heard of/seen this???

Not all courses have the test perhaps...

ReputationRep:
    hmm, perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackD)
    haha, I had that. You have to get 60%. I think i managed about 10%. If you fail, you have to take a Maths Unit. Its mainly A level maths, I only managed a B for GCSE. I hadn't done maths since school when I took my test.

Logs, Ven diagrams, hexadecimal, octal, Sum Ofs (with all those Greek letters) etc. Don't worry about it too much. I managed to pass the test in January with 72%. They teach it really well and make it very easy to understand.
    Ditto, i got a B and have done no maths since. I don't know what logs, ven diagrams or sum ofs are lol Even if i passed i think it would be a good idea to take the unit for a refresh. Might fail on purpose :cool:

And ye, im doing a computing course ..

Not very nice, day two at Uni and here, do a test! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, they better not!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, i hope they dont do it in biology, but if they do, i'm not bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.... does everyone get a pre-study pack or just certain subjects? Cause i'm doing media and nothing's come through... Then again, i can't see the relevance of maths in media so... *shrugs*... Plus i did AS maths, maybe that has something to do with it...no idea... :confused:

Only courses that need a certain level of maths need it, i never had one

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, i reckon thats me then. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i did logs in biology all through Alevel, didnt see the point... yea i got told to go over algebra, geometry, triginometry and graphs... fun fun fun! :/

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, i never did logs in biology, differents exam boards different stuff, did statistical test though. A few percentages that was it.

ReputationRep:
    Will i need it if i'm doing Ecommerce?

ReputationRep:
    What subject is switch007 going to do? If he has mentioned before , sorry i forgot.

University open days

1. University of Portsmouth
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Portsmouth
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 10 Nov '18
  3. University of Portsmouth
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Dec '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.