Turn on thread page Beta

Taking Subjects: Enjoyment vs Good at watch

ReputationRep:
    If forced to choose would you take a subject that you were very good at, or one that you enjoy but aren't so good at?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm good at everything

ReputationRep:
    well ide say 99% what ur good at , unless u absoltely deteste the suject, coz at the end of the the day even if a suject isnt on the top of ur list for enjoyment but u ar good at it , i'd choose it!!!!.

and u trust me u'll get all the enjoyment when u kik assin ur exams..

ReputationRep:
    Generally, if I'm good at a subject I enjoy it. There probably are subjects which I enjoy but aren't very good at though...

ReputationRep:
    Subject you enjoy but aren't so good at because if you enjoy a subject, you'll be willing to put the work in so revision won't be as much of a chore and you'll improve. As mentioned above though, generally people tend to enjoy the subjects they're good at.

ReputationRep:
    Definately what you enjoy.
    The first term will be hard work, and you wont do very well, but if you enjoy it you will put lots of work into it and you will get better at the subject, and evenually reep the rewards.

ReputationRep:
    I gave up two subjects I got A*s in favour of one I got an A in (my friend did too). In all fairness there was extenuating circumstances and I did much better in history AS than I would've done in Bio or German but hey.

Do what you enjoy. If you don't like it, what on earth is the point is studying it?

ReputationRep:
    It's got to be what you enjoy. If you don't enjoy a subject, you'll have trouble motivating yourself to work for it.

And while this doesn't matter in the short run if you have the aptitude, it can affect your choice of education in the future, when aptitude isn't enough, and it could create bad work pattens.

IMO I think that if you enjoy a subject you motivate yourself to be better at it, I HATED physics with a passion and it showed I couldnt be bothered with it, i really couldnt stand it I done NO revision and done my gcse coursework for it in about 30minutes then left 90% of the paper blank, but then the subjects I enjoyed eg. Biology I revised for days and days and spent hours on my coursework and made sure I answered every question the best I could.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.