Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what happens if for any reason you don't like the university that you are studying at, can you transfer or would you have to go through the whole application process again and re-apply to another University in September?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what you want to do and where. Some unis might let you transfer into the second year. Failing that, you would have to reapply I think.

ReputationRep:
    Im guessing you could only really transfer to another uni if youd been made an offer by them beforehand - so for instance maybe it might be possible to transfer to your insurance?
    I think its more realistic that youd end up having to wait for the next year tho

If i were you i wouldnt worry about not enjoying your uni/course, just wait and see til you get there! If you dislike your course im sure you'll always be able to switch courses at the same uni

ReputationRep:
    I read in the cardiff music dept's booklet of a girl at cardiff who spent her first year at a music speclise college but hated the pressure which was placed on performance. She switched to cardiff in her second year but needed to do extra classes but thought the move was a good decision for her.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If you're changing to the same course then you might be able to. But the modules have to be similar at both unis.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.