Charles Morris - socially dead? Watch

ChillWinstonn
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey all,

Really like the sound of charles morris, but the impression im getting is the high cost could make it socially dead ?

Anyone have any thoughts, quite concerned about this and am considering changing my application to James Baille because of it!
Ludwig Wittgenstein
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well no one has lived there yet so it technically is socially dead. :p:

I'm sure it will be a blast. Even if it isn't, see it as a challenge and make everyone come out their shells.
Roman4life
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ChillWinstonn)
Hey all,

Really like the sound of charles morris, but the impression im getting is the high cost could make it socially dead ?

Anyone have any thoughts, quite concerned about this and am considering changing my application to James Baille because of it!
Well I thought about that too but i am willing to go to charles and I am a party hard type.
Sure its expensive but if you got the cash then i think it would be worth it.

Because the choice is kind of limited.
Devonshire has all the rahs apparently
Boddington is too much of a hassle being so far away.

So charles being close,new might not be oversubscribed but i dont think it will be under subscribed.
Charlotte16
Report 9 years ago
Yeah i think i might put it as my first choice, and bod as my 2nd! I am the party type too
Roman4life
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Charlotte16)
Yeah i think i might put it as my first choice, and bod as my 2nd! I am the party type too
Ye !! Good to hear!!
From what I see apparently food is ***** in bods and dev. Refectory seems to have quite a bit of variety. So going to give it a shot.

Btw anyone here knows if your allowed to party at the other accommodations next to charles?
Ludwig Wittgenstein
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Roman4life)
Ye !! Good to hear!!
From what I see apparently food is ***** in bods and dev. Refectory seems to have quite a bit of variety. So going to give it a shot.

Btw anyone here knows if your allowed to party at the other accommodations next to charles?
Well the food is notoriously better in dev and bod than on campus :')
Charlotte16
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Roman4life)
Ye !! Good to hear!!

Yeah so have you applied? What course are you doing?

Yeah i think is supposed to be really good next year!! Im so excited
Roman4life
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Charlotte16)
Yeah so have you applied? What course are you doing?

Yeah i think is supposed to be really good next year!! Im so excited
Doing Law (hard but I for some reason I love it)
Just need the university to accept my firm and then move unto the accommodation part.
Its been crazy sorting out this accommodation thing.
Sure I will have a great time though... nowhere in the world are there 750 people who do not like to party lol
kewpaul90
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dogdaysareover)
Got into Storm Jameson, awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee
Me too

East 7.k3.21 :d

What about you?
DannyH
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ChillWinstonn)
Hey all,

hopefully its good for u m8 but i dont think u can change accoms that easily, especially to a popular one like JBP!

its all luck, u get what ur given and can apply to move after a couple of weeks i think they have a lot of people to sort out, i actually applied to JBP but got given lupton which was nothing like the preference numbers i put it

not being fussy though gonna stay it looks decent
shadyshady
Report 8 years ago
I lived in Charles Morris the year before it was knocked down and it has always had a reputation for being one of the, if not the, most sociable halls. Now if you were in Lyddon, now then I would worry!
itsonlyanneka
Report 8 years ago
Woooo Charles Morris is gonna be LIVE!!
I'm well into partying!! Hope everyone else is too
The.Fun.Times
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Storm Jameson West 7.K6.739....

Yeeeeeeeeeah baby, can't wait for it....

;D
Charlotte16
Report 8 years ago
what are the common rooms like?????????/
tilda-jane
Report 8 years ago
Anyone in whetton house? Everyone seems to be in storm jameson, how rich is everyone? :|
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.8%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (700)
47.43%

Watched Threads