Any tips to beat procratination? Watch

This discussion is closed.
hattori
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
:mad:

i hate it, the act of procrastinating, it sucks.

Any ideas of how to beat it??

Am i procrastinating when I post about beating my procrastinating??
( :confused: ). No, Im facing it head on but I need some tips from people who have dealt with it, not tips someone who has never had a problem with time management, who speaks down to me as if im the scum of the earth.

Anyways, do u have any tips?

thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I find the only thing that works is to use someone else as a way to bring deadlines closer - have someone chase you up about progress on a project on a certain time/date...I usually still put things off until that deadline but it forces me to make some progress instead of leaving *everything* to the last minute.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
I find the only thing that works is to use someone else as a way to bring deadlines closer - have someone chase you up about progress on a project on a certain time/date...I usually still put things off until that deadline but it forces me to make some progress instead of leaving *everything* to the last minute.
Yeah but i keep telling myself that it isn't the real deadline, so still don't get it done!!
Bhaal85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I thought it was something along the lines of herpies or diarohea, geez, time management, eh? Who woulda thought?

procrap-ination <-gotta remeber that one
hattori
Rep:
?
yeah i think is spelt procrastination wrong, and differently everytime
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i suffer from this too, and the only cure i've ever found is to
a)either do every last scrap of anything round the house until you come across something less preferable than the work, making you do the work by procrastinatong against the other crap thing, or

b)leave it 'til the last night before anyway, as thats what you'd do if you DID procrastnate, and saveyourself all the bother, leaving time to do other , more interesting stuff
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just testin me new sig
KateB
Report 15 years ago
John Lennon once said "time you enjoy wasting was not wasted". I live by that. But I don't get a lot of work done. So possibly don't take that advice
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
Just testin me new sig
Which didnt work. How about now?
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
:mad:

i hate it, the act of procrastinating, it sucks.

Any ideas of how to beat it??

Am i procrastinating when I post about beating my procrastinating??
( :confused: ). No, Im facing it head on but I need some tips from people who have dealt with it, not tips someone who has never had a problem with time management, who speaks down to me as if im the scum of the earth.

Anyways, do u have any tips?

thanks
Actually I think you are in a form of denial here, you are still procrastinating by posting this, take it from the princess of procrastination.
The only way to beat it is to make up your mind to do whatever it is that needs done and do it!
Unfortunately this is much easier said than done.
hattori
Rep:
?
(Original post by Infinity)
Actually I think you are in a form of denial here, you are still procrastinating by posting this, take it from the princess of procrastination.
The only way to beat it is to make up your mind to do whatever it is that needs done and do it!
Unfortunately this is much easier said than done.
wise words, wish u were here so u could give me a slap to get me going.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sure right after I give myself a good slap.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"I challenge you to a (procrastination) duel!" *slap, slap* <---that was a glove, by the way!
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
Sure right after I give myself a good slap.
ooh, kinky :eek:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (23)
17.56%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (52)
39.69%
Nope, not that interesting (56)
42.75%

Watched Threads