Turn on thread page Beta

Dear students... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kazzeh)
    You're a legend. Thank you for posting that.
    I've already been thinking about where I'm going to open mine and I have decided that I'm going to open it in a quiet place in the school... outside somewhere. Once again, thank you for that. Very helpful.
    that sounds great! For my GCSE results, my family insisted that they all come with me, so i ended up opening mine in the car with them there rather than quietly on my own! Actually, it was quite nice to open them with them, since you had someone to 'hold your hand' whilst your nervous, but at the same time, if the results werent what i wanted them to be, then i don't mind being a bit upset in front of family.

For my AS results last week, it was totally different - my mum drove me to my school, and instead of opening them in the busy room where most had done so - in people's earshot - i walked a couple of corridors down and opened them nice and calmly on my own!

It completely depends what type of person you are... advice i give to everyone is don't feel that you have to open them with others, e.g. if your friends are going 'open them with us' and you really don't want to, then put your foot down!!

ReputationRep:
    Nat, thank you so much for posting that, I'm getting really nervous now and that post has helped me a lot

+rep coming your way methinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)
    that sounds great! For my GCSE results, my family insisted that they all come with me, so i ended up opening mine in the car with them there rather than quietly on my own! Actually, it was quite nice to open them with them, since you had someone to 'hold your hand' whilst your nervous, but at the same time, if the results werent what i wanted them to be, then i don't mind being a bit upset in front of family.

For my AS results last week, it was totally different - my mum drove me to my school, and instead of opening them in the busy room where most had done so - in people's earshot - i walked a couple of corridors down and opened them nice and calmly on my own!

It completely depends what type of person you are... advice i give to everyone is don't feel that you have to open them with others, e.g. if your friends are going 'open them with us' and you really don't want to, then put your foot down!!
    I agree with you there.

Having your family is a good idea.
    My school's pretty big so if I don't go outside I'll probably find a corridor somewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shortysally)
    Nat, thank you so much for posting that, I'm getting really nervous now and that post has helped me a lot

+rep coming your way methinks
    just glad i could help! Looking back on how i was with my GCSEs, I was so so SO so nervous, (I'm the understatement of a worrier!) so just wanted to help reassure everyone.

and Kazzeh - sounds like a good plan to me

ReputationRep:
    are u campaigning 2 b a mentor or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ob2005)
    are u campaigning 2 b a mentor or something?
    errrrrrrr, no!

ReputationRep:
    you intelligent person - i can't believe you could be assed to rite that but cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigmy Goat)
    you intelligent person - i can't believe you could be assed to rite that but cool
    took me a while, but i know that i joined TSR as a panicky GCSE-er about a year ago, and was given great help. (I think it was Wise One who helped me!)

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.