The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee Uni Freshers Week 2010

Ok, so i'm heading to dundee in september to study medicine. I'm from northern ireland and dundee isnt exactly a stones throw away!
I'v been to dundee twice, once for the interview, and once when i was younger so therefore havn't really experienced night life over there.

any suggestions for where to hit freshers week would be greatly appreciated:cool:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In general, first years don't really hit anywhere in Freshers' Week. That's more or less entirely spent in halls, or in the Union, which does a full programme of events for the week.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
yeah, apart from some pubs maybe, doubt you'll go anywhere other than the union. saying that, i somehow ended up in liquid during freshers.
Reply 3
The best place to go is the Union. The Freshers week programme is usually amazing and it is a good place to meet new people.
Reply 4
Lol. You will barely be off campus, the Union is great....You may end up in Ogstons or somewhere if you join a sports team, but that's about it. :smile:
Reply 5
Ecxciting stuff :smile: i guess il have no problem in blending in!

thankx guys :cool:
Reply 6
I'm also taking med at Dundee! hey lara I think we might've met on YouGo if this is the same Lara haha :P.
Reply 7
FlippinNick
I'm also taking med at Dundee! hey lara I think we might've met on YouGo if this is the same Lara haha :P.

I dont think there's too many other Laras taking med in dundee :wink:

All sorted?:smile:
Reply 8
yea i'm pretty much ready to go. just need to meet my conditions and get my visa. how about you??
Reply 9
Yeah freshers fags don't leave the safety of the Perth road during that week.

Once you find your way around there you can move on to the other clubs/bars.
I live Close to Dundee .. The union is amazing. It must be one of the best is you go on it's website it I'll tell u all about the different levels. Aside from that there is quite a few clubs fat sams probably being the best but there'salso liquid and London.
Reply 11
London sucks^^ TBH I go out most nights in dee but the only real decent places are the union, fat sams, liquid and underground. Reading rooms is a trek and haven't been.. Went London once and there was 3 people in that venue exc. us lot. For freshers, most people I know just got wasted at the union every night and then slept all day hungover, everyday for the week. lol I can't wait for it this year! You'll meet heaps of random freshers that week, mostly law, dentist and medic peeps.
your right london is basically a room full of nedish 12 year olds covered in makeup. The reading rooms ive been to a couple of times ... but its expensive and there is a lot of drugs around
Reply 13
I live in dundee and am away to start uni in there this year and the union is def one of the best places to go...on a side note does anyone know any of the line up for freshers this year? hope its good!
Abertay's Freshers week this year will be taking place between the 13th and 20th of September, check the website www.abertayunion.com over the following month regarding announcements of acts and events throughout the week
The one time i went to London it was a top night out.

Also, first act for freshers has just been announced. It's a Pendulum DJ set.
Reply 16
The second headliner is meant to be something cheesy :/ Haha. Bradly from S Club was at last years, and went back to heathfield for drinks with a few students. That was a laugh XD :smile: Needless to say, everyone ran for that flat...
The Morrigu
The second headliner is meant to be something cheesy :/ Haha. Bradly from S Club was at last years, and went back to heathfield for drinks with a few students. That was a laugh XD :smile: Needless to say, everyone ran for that flat...

Aye, it's Scooch.

I heard that too, apparently he also shagged a fresher?
Reply 18
I didn't hear that! Hahaha. Thats amusing. Fresher must have been pretty pleased with herself XD.
Example to headline Freshers Week.

Latest