Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dont know about you but i always enjoy a day at alton towers the rides i like are:

Air
    Nemesis was closed but i knew i would of liked it
    Black hole
    Congo river rapids
    Log Flume
    Runaway mine train

I never went on oblivion.Has anyone been on hex?.I thought it was horrible because it made me feel sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    i dont know about you but i always enjoy a day at alton towers the rides i like are:

Air
    Black hole
    Congo river rapids
    Log Flume
    Runaway mine train

I never went on oblivion.Has anyone been on hex?.I thought it was horrible because it made me feel sick.
    I haven't been there in ages... and it's only an hour away from where I live. Mom and dad are miserable.

Back in spamming gear are we? OK, semi-useful posts, but still excessive.

ReputationRep:
    Hex is good but there's a lot of needless faff beforehand.

Air is the best!

ReputationRep:

Air
    Black hole
    Congo river rapids
    Log Flume
    Runaway mine train

Enjoyed Oblivion, although first time i did get a bit winded.

I have to say the ride i love is the Maelstrom at Drayton Manor, absolutely loved it, short queues, and a decent buzz after going on the ride, you feel pretty good at the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    Minetrain has a horrid bump in it that kills my shoulders!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    I haven't been there in ages... and it's only an hour away from where I live. Mom and dad are miserable.

Back in spamming gear are we? OK, semi-useful posts, but still excessive.
    what is this got to do with spamming.What is spamming to you? talking about alton towers is not spamming.To threads wont kill you will they?

i didnt like hex adhsur but your right air is the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sza)
    Enjoyed Oblivion, although first time i did get a bit winded.

I have to say the ride i love is the Maelstrom at Drayton Manor, absolutely loved it, short queues, and a decent buzz after going on the ride, you feel pretty good at the end of it.
    never been to drayton manor

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Alton Towers twice. It's ok but after having been to Orlando in Florida it's kind of tame. The second time I was bored, so we mostly hung out at the hotel and had a better time there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junglemonkey)
    I've been to Alton Towers twice. It's ok but after having been to Orlando in Florida it's kind of tame. The second time I was bored, so we mostly hung out at the hotel and had a better time there.
    orlando is brill went there when i was 9.Holiday never to forget

ReputationRep:

Air
    Black hole
    Congo river rapids
    Log Flume
    Runaway mine train

I went there about 4 years ago... the best rides I enjoyed were Nemesis, Oblivion and Ripsaw. Are the latter two still there?

and what's this Air, Maelstrom Manor and Black Hole?

Is Alton Towers still fun for 18 year olds? might consider going again if it is.... though Thorpe Park sounds cool as well (never been there)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    I went there about 4 years ago... the best rides I enjoyed were Nemesis, Oblivion and Ripsaw. Are the latter two still there?

and what's this Air, Maelstrom Manor and Black Hole?

Is Alton Towers still fun for 18 year olds? might consider going again if it is.... though Thorpe Park sounds cool as well (never been there)
    Course it's still fun for 18yr olds!!

Yes those rides are still there.

Air is like a gentle nemesis - you're positioned face down like you are flying with legs in the air.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)

Air is like a gentle nemesis - you're positioned face down like you are flying with legs in the air.
    the black hole is a fast rollercoaster in the dark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)

although in ur experience is Thorpe Park better? where is Alton Towers again - i forget - need to compare the distances/ticket prices (I know thorpe park is in blackpool)

ReputationRep:
    Thorpe is good, but not amazing. At alton, it all feels lovely and magical (I think so anyway!) Thorpe looks kinda dull as it is so tiny, and there is no definition between the zones. Saying that however, Colossus is really amazing, and Nemesis Inferno is worth a ride. I preferred Alton because I love a ride that is so well themed, and how can you beat Nemesis' theming. Truely incredible!

Blackpool Pleasure Beach is also worth a visit because it is filled to the brim with superb rides. T'is pretty expensive unless you get a wrist-band, but they're hardly cheap.

ReputationRep:
    I live too far away from these sort of places, it's a good 3 hour drive

I'd like to go more, when I visited Island of Adventure in florida, that blew my mind. Especially the ride called 'dual dragons' or something where you have two rollercoasters intertwined and the two groups of people nearly collide loads of times, that's scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    although in ur experience is Thorpe Park better? where is Alton Towers again - i forget - need to compare the distances/ticket prices (I know thorpe park is in blackpool)
    Alton Towers is in Staffordshire.

You can get all-in-one tickets including train, transfer bus and entrance to the park for under £30 from some train stations (mostly Central trains I think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I live too far away from these sort of places, it's a good 3 hour drive

I'd like to go more, when I visited Island of Adventure in florida, that blew my mind. Especially the ride called 'dual dragons' or something where you have two rollercoasters intertwined and the two groups of people nearly collide loads of times, that's scary.
    Has anyone been to the Gold Coast in Australia, now THAT's a good place for theme parks (4 of them altogether - absolutely stunning)!

ReputationRep:
    Oblivion and air are probably the best. By the way, the next time you go to Alton Towers, go to Nemesis 10-20 minutes before close time and you will always get another ride guaranteed. Well thats my experience anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    Has anyone been to the Gold Coast in Australia, now THAT's a good place for theme parks (4 of them altogether - absolutely stunning)!
    No, but has anyone been to any of the Six Flags in USA? Now they are amazing

ReputationRep:
    air is wicked but wayyyy to short!

hex is just rubbish i'm afraid, the big build up really makes u feel that it's gonna be great...and then u get a bit of a let down.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2004
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.