The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Our Physics class are going to Alton Towers sometime near Easter for some 'field work'... yeh right. :cool:
Reply 21
Alec
Our Physics class are going to Alton Towers sometime near Easter for some 'field work'... yeh right. :cool:

Lol, my school did that too. For a project on velocity and gravity etc...I think the teachers enjoyed it more than the kids!
There are no good rides in the Uk. You need to go to places like Cedar Point and Six Flags in the US for some great rides (Ive never actually been). Top Thrill Dragster was new last year and is supposed to be immense.
Reply 23
Yeah Alton Towers is amazing!!

When I went we went on Nemesis 4 times and Air 3 times lol. It's a close call between which is better I think. The loop the loop on Nemesis is crazy! It's a shame they don't last very long.

I didn't go on Oblivion as it didn't look like it was designed for fun, it is just there is give you a heart attack lol. Although I want to go on it when I go again.

The black hole is good because if you haven't been on it before you don't have any idea what to expect.

I can't remember the name of it, but that real old rollercoaster with the loop the loop is pretty good although it is a bit of a rough ride.

Am going again in April - can't wait!!
4Ed
although in ur experience is Thorpe Park better? where is Alton Towers again - i forget - need to compare the distances/ticket prices (I know thorpe park is in blackpool)

AFAIK thorpe park is in Surrey (visited when I was 3 and the main attraction was the tractor collection). Blackpool has the pleasurebeach - not so much fun as you have to pay for each ride so if you go on more than 3 it's more expensive than theme parks.
Reply 25
did anyone go to the winter wonderland at the dome?

there was a ride their called dropzone

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v

oh my god me and my sister, all im saying is that the langauge coming out of our mouths was not very good

x x x
Reply 26
Ive been quite a few times now cos i only live bout an hour away n i think Nemisis is the best by far!!! Its not too short (like air!) is sooo fast! fckn brilliant.. Hex is crap. I think oblivon is way 2 short but god for a few seconds - u probably no where. erm.. wot else is there.. cant remeber ne ova gud ones.. but there u go :redface:)
Tribi18
Ive been quite a few times now cos i only live bout an hour away n i think Nemisis is the best by far!!! Its not too short (like air!) is sooo fast! fckn brilliant.. Hex is crap. I think oblivon is way 2 short but god for a few seconds - u probably no where. erm.. wot else is there.. cant remeber ne ova gud ones.. but there u go :redface:)

I dunno, I really enjoyed Hex - it's not fast or exciting but really clever. It screws your mind up... and I love watching people's faces as they work out what's really going on! Nemesis, Oblivion, Air are all excellent although I always feel Nemesis is a bit short... Somebody mentioned Islands of Adventure - has anyone been on the Hulk?
Reply 28
MadNatSci
I dunno, I really enjoyed Hex - it's not fast or exciting but really clever. It screws your mind up... and I love watching people's faces as they work out what's really going on! Nemesis, Oblivion, Air are all excellent although I always feel Nemesis is a bit short... Somebody mentioned Islands of Adventure - has anyone been on the Hulk?

no not hex that ride made me feel sick.I had to go on the log flume so i would not feel sick.
Reply 29
NikNak

I can't remember the name of it, but that real old rollercoaster with the loop the loop is pretty good although it is a bit of a rough ride

Corkscrew?

Really gives u a headache, but worth it all the same
Hex is a fantastic ride because although it is so simple, it is so effective, and the music in there is incredible. Such power! It may not go fast or be white-knuckle, but it is amazingly fun, and that is what makes a ride great!

The Hulk is an awesome ride. That launch at the beginning is fantastic. I preffered Duelling Dragons to it because of the racing element. The Dudley Do Right log flume there is spectacular! Agree? But I did really really LOVE Hulk. Good stuff universal!

I'm a bit of a theme park geek aint I!
Reply 31
ThunderCat8
Hex is a fantastic ride because although it is so simple, it is so effective, and the music in there is incredible. Such power! It may not go fast or be white-knuckle, but it is amazingly fun, and that is what makes a ride great!

The Hulk is an awesome ride. That launch at the beginning is fantastic. I preffered Duelling Dragons to it because of the racing element. The Dudley Do Right log flume there is spectacular! Agree? But I did really really LOVE Hulk. Good stuff universal!

I'm a bit of a theme park geek aint I!

the dudley do right log flume is brill.I like it were you go up a bit then it drops you but you go up another slope and it kind of hurts your stomach
when I went to alton towers in September I never went on Hex. What's it like?
Reply 33
junglemonkey
when I went to alton towers in September I never went on Hex. What's it like?

it is sickly