Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do people get too obsessed over results day?

I'm really worried. I am. I've predicted what Im gonna get and now I'm just bored of waiting.

However, isn't it all a bit over-the-top to start threads about 'what will you...on results day/the night before/the afternoon after?' - is all this planning too much?

I think people are getting a bit over the top now. Like saying how they're gonna stay up the night before to see if the grade boundaries come up. Well, I'm not gonna lie - I might find myself doing that. But only if I can't sleep. I'm not gonna plan to do it because look; be honest here, even if you do know the grade boundaries a few hours early, could you really remember how easy you found each paper??

Anyone else agree?

MissSurfer

ReputationRep:
    i still have to buy my outfit.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I will do my best to go to bed. Hence i'm getting up at 5 am tomorrow so i'm tired on wednesday night!

ReputationRep:
    Yea. Like chewwy, I am still deliberating on what clothes I should wear, which type of milk I will be using and whether I will wake on the wrong or right side of the bed.

All of this emmaculate planning is completely necessary, of course. What are we going to school for again? :p:

ReputationRep:
    It is totally necessary, i'm even planning to get to school for 9am (school dont open till 10am) just incase the next train gets cancelled and i end up having to get buses and not getting to school till like 11 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!! that would be murder!

ReputationRep:
    God we are all mental- I swear that some people have been planning a detailed itinery of what they wil be doing tomorrow (god I can say tomorrow now) for weeks! But atleast if you plan the journey you arn't thinking about the actual results. I would make some detailed hyphothesis but somebody would just take issue with it and I just cba to argue today.

ReputationRep:
    I'm jealous of you guys I'm not even slightly nervous or worried or anything, even though I don't think I did too well. I really feel like I should be more anxious than I am at the moment. If the results date were delayed a week or somthing I really wouldn't care. Some of you guys would have a coronary, and that's how I should be feeling too!

ReputationRep:
    Trust me I would rather feel like you!

ReputationRep:
    yes damit they do!!!!! but its only cos it could change their life............

ReputationRep:
    I do think everyone worries too much about them. I know some people who are worried that they're results won't be as good as some other peoples. As long as you get grades you're happy with, it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    I do think everyone worries too much about them. I know some people who are worried that they're results won't be as good as some other peoples. As long as you get grades you're happy with, it doesn't matter.
    My problem is that I set very high standads for myself! Most people would be happy with, say all Bs, but I wouldn't even be happy (well, not completely happy anyway) with all A's! I'd want some A*s too!

Trust me - if you're not a perfectionist you're so lucky!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what you said in your first post MissSurfer-there are so many threads on here! Does it really matter what side of the bed you'll get up on tomorrow? I guess people are getting rather stressed and trying to occupy themselves, but I doubt it's helping much.

ReputationRep:
    A big and resounding yes

ReputationRep:
    I don't care that much what I get, just so long as I get into college. I JUST WANNA KNOW!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissSurfer)
    My problem is that I set very high standads for myself! Most people would be happy with, say all Bs, but I wouldn't even be happy (well, not completely happy anyway) with all A's! I'd want some A*s too!

Trust me - if you're not a perfectionist you're so lucky!
    exactly you and me are the same lol my boss tried to cheer me up at work today, look at me i'm the manager of this shop and i got all E's and D's in my GCSE's

great thats really where i see my self in 20yrs time a poor manager of a stupid store with no customers lol

ReputationRep:
    I have made no plans yet, but some of you have reminded me I need to iron some clothes (I hate ironing in the morning !!)...this GCSE forum is going be sooo dull in a couple of days, haaa! lol

ReputationRep:
    lol yeh, then we can all descend on the a-level forum lol those new y11's wont have it in them to make a good gcse forum lol

ReputationRep:
    Stop worrying about results - about a zillion threads about this - who cares - just go 2morrow and do it and then we can all have normal conversations

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.