Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can u link ur computer to ur Tape ( cassette ) recorder ???
    so that u may download the cassete songs to the hard disk ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_capri)
    you can plug the cassete deck's Line Out into your PC's Line In or microphone socket. and use software like musicmatch to record it.

ReputationRep:
    It would have to connected to the line in in the sound card. The mic in has a microphone transformer that would add undesirable effects to the sound if it wasn't coming from a mic.

The output of a mic is very different to line out in terms of gain and other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_capri)
    Why would you want to? The quality of cassettes are absolutely appalling. If you have an internet connection, why not just download the music you want from Kaaza Lite or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Why would you want to? The quality of cassettes are absolutely appalling. If you have an internet connection, why not just download the music you want from Kaaza Lite or something?
    It depends ont he cassete deck, portable cassete deck players sound awful but if you have a nice 3 head deck like the Yamaha I used to have the sound quality can be surprisingly good, at least as good as a poorly ripped MP3.

I sold it because I didn't need to use cassetes anymore as now if I need to record anything I just use my computer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    i said that the prob. is that the computer that i hav now is having firewalls !!!
    And no matter how good i am....i cannot dodge them !!!

I have tried to dodge them...but am finding it hard to do so !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    you can plug the cassete deck's Line Out into your PC's Line In or microphone socket. and use software like musicmatch to record it.

thanx i wuld surely check on this software !!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2004
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.