This discussion is closed.
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi all !

Well tomorrow is FA 3rd Round day ! Anyone think their team can pull off a shock? Anyone supporting a 'big' team who's slightly worried?

4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well i don't think Yeovil will beat Liverpool for starters..... they were featured on our local news today, and everyone thinks an upset IS going to happen
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by pkonline)
Hi all !

Well tommorow is FA 3rd Round day ! Anyone think their team can pull off a shock? Anyone supporting a 'big' team who's slightly worried?

Mansfield Town vs Burnley

Field Mill, Mansfield

Saturday 3 PM

Hello Huntroyde this one is for you.

I have Mansfield of Division Three to win this one, against a struggling Burnley of Division One.

Other potential upsets:

Barnsley (D2) vs Scunthorpe (D3)
Northampton (D3) vs Rotherham (D1)
Accrington (Conf) vs Colchester U (D2)
Bradford (D1) vs Luton (D2)

Other than these I can see the remaining ties going to the form book.
pkonline
Rep:
?
Wasn't it great seeing Accrington Stanley on TV the other day ! That's what football is all about; history, tradition, spirit...
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wasn't it great seeing Accrington Stanley on TV the other day ! That's what football is all about; history, tradition, spirit...
Unfortunately I wasn't free to watch the game, but hopefully no-one will noadays be asking "Accrington Stanley ? Who Are They ?"
Moochy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
any newcastle fans on here? cus they're playing southampton l8er. kinda worried cus we havent been doin v well l8ly.
pkonline
Rep:
?
Oooooooo

Well done Watford, Telford, Accrington Stanley and Gillingham!!!!

(City are the best lol )
JaF
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Moochy)
any newcastle fans on here? cus they're playing southampton l8er. kinda worried cus we havent been doin v well l8ly.
You can say that again. We pretty much won every game in November, hardly won any games in december so hopefully we can win all January.
pkonline
Rep:
?
(Original post by JaF)
You can say that again. We pretty much won every game in November, hardly won any games in december so hopefully we can win all January.
Did you hear what ur chairman said the other day. He sounded very pissed off. If results don't come soon, u think Sir Bobby may get the sack?
JaF
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Did you hear what ur chairman said the other day. He sounded very pissed off. If results don't come soon, u think Sir Bobby may get the sack?
If the results don't improve yes, but not anytime soon and I think the results will get better after we have lost at Old Trafford.
paymaster
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JaF)
If the results don't improve yes, but not anytime soon and I think the results will get better after we have lost at Old Trafford.
I can't c Sir Bobby getting sacked, because he's Sir Bobby - its like getting rid of Alan Shearer...

I'm amazed by Gillingham's result. Classic
pkonline
Rep:
?
I always wonder why some teams can get a good result in the FA Cup, but then slump back to mediocre results in the league; must be sooo annoying lol !
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.2%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (47)
13.62%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (127)
36.81%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (35)
10.14%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
5.51%

Watched Threads