ghost story - really freaky !!!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i want to get an opinion as to how is this story ???

Shadows in the mirror . . . . . . . . . .

There was a women once who lived in a quaint house in the countryside of a place called dracott-on-the-moors in England. This story dates back to the 1756, when not much about the electricity was known and when the world used to be a much darker, and dangerous place, when zombies and spirits ruled over most of the earth in the so called villages, now. Some say that they still haunt them. Anyway, this lady’s husband had once passed away a very sudden and tragic death. A myth was related to it.

It was said, or predicted, that on the day of her marriage, she will eat up her husband. No one believed the future teller; no one had a reason to believe her. On the day of the women’s marriage, in summer, while she and her tall husband were on their bed, the temperature in their house suddenly dropped, and it dropped very steeply. Her husband went to check in the basement to look at the (now old fashioned) thermostat, and it is said that other than his screams of help and gory pain, nothing came back, nothing at all.

After a lot of cursing, the women decided to leave the place to look for so called nirvana or peace, so that the people who were cursing her and calling her a witch, would leave her alone. In pursuit of this, she started packing her bags. The temperature suddenly dropped, and it dropped very steeply. She went down into the basement to look at the thermostat, and saw that there was no difference in temperature. She thought that it was broken, and decided to call for local help to fix it. When she passed a circular mirror on the wall, she thought that saw a movement of shadows. She went near the mirrors. And she drew her hand towards the mirror; a hand was drawn towards her. Her hand was slowly and slowly going towards the mirror; a hand was slowly and slowly approaching her, approaching her, approaching her, and then she suddenly heard a knock on the door. She pulled her hand away from the mirror. She went to open the door, there was no one on the door; and she was freaked out. She turned back to pack her bags, there was another knock, a bit louder this time. She opened the door.

A tall man was standing there with a tool bag in his hands, he was wearing something over his eyes, “your thermostat needs repairing, mam; right ”. She replied, “Who, who sent u here“, “ your husband, mam, “ he replied. The next thing she remembered was that she was lying on her bed, with a nurse examining her. She had fainted.

A couple of days after, when she had grown fit again, and ready to go, the temperature dropped again, and it dropped very steeply. She was almost ready to go, with her bags in her hands. She thought that she could give the thermostat another look. She went into the basement, and it was more colder there; she looked at the thermostat and there was no temperature difference. “I thought that that man had fixed it “, she said to herself. When she passed the mirror, she saw a movement once again. She stopped. In the reflection, she saw a shadow, nothing but a shadow. Slightly translucent, but visible. The shape was indescribable. It changed shape, like water, flowing about, and the size of a tall person. It stepped from the wall, behind the woman. But when she turned to face it, there was nothing there. Now she was scared. She began to tremble. Slowly she turned back to the mirror. The figure was still there, moving close and closer. She screamed out “Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll llllpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppppppppppppppp”. It is said that no one saw her again after the doctor treated her. People joked that she had probably vanished into thin air.

Present, 2001, “Mom, we are in our new home”, a chubby little girl said while coming into the main hall. The house was not exactly that good that her mother had expected, but they had got a good bargain for a country-house in dracott-on-the-moors, she did not knew as to why the bargain was so cheap and easy.

While they had started unpacking, the temperature in the house suddenly dropped, and it dropped very steeply. The daughter went to her parents and asked as to what had happened. The went to see the thermostat. It was hiding between the spider webs, but it showed no difference in temperature. They decided to call someone to fix it. Their daughter went back to playing with her dolls. Had she looked up in the mirror, she would have seen a shadow peeping from behind the reflection of her bed. Her parents came in and with them were a tall man with a tool bag, and he was wearing something covering his eyes, “pretty old fashioned”, the daughter thought. “Its not really old fashioned, we people come from Scotland, and we wear them a lot”, he remarked. “We never asked you that” her mother remarked. “No, not you, the little girl asked that”, he said, pointing to the little girl. She was looking scared. “Anyway, get down to work now”, her father said. The temperature went back to normal again.

A few weeks later, the temperature dropped again. The girl was brushing her hairs in front of the mirror at that time. She saw something in the mirror. She moved her hand towards the mirror, and a hand moved towards her. She was moving closer, and closer, and closer, and closer, when someone suddenly touched her. She screamed, screamed for help. Her father was standing behind her. He asked her as to why was she screaming. She told them the whole incident, but he did not believed her. The took her to a psychologist for a few months to get her treatment.

When she came back, she believed that it was a figment of her imagination. She would have probably would have kept believing the same thing, but the temperature dropped again, and it dropped very steeply. This time she was all alone in the house. She was experimenting a make-up in front of the mirror. She stared in terror as the THING crept out from behind her bed. She trembled but she did not call out, she knew that no one would come. And now, as before, the thing came closer, and closer, and closer, and closer, and closer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Attached files
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
couldn't be arsed to read it all- ghost stories are much better told by mouth rather than read, anyway.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Fantastic comedy.
CrzySxyCool
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dont think its really freaky. It isnt the best one ive heard. But it got me a bit scared when i was clicking on the link. I didnt know what i was going to see but then i was like hehe. x <3 x
dylan plant
Report 16 years ago
It wasn't that scary. Kinda weird really. I'm a bit confused but I'm sure I'll recover from the shock. no j/k
prince_capri
Rep:
?
thanx for ur much needed opinion !!!
lol
sassy_j
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so what was it that got closer and closer?

did the little girl die?

x x x
prince_capri
Rep:
?
(Original post by sassy_j)
so what was it that got closer and closer?

did the little girl die?

x x x

by the way..ur supposed to know it urself !!!
but yes..she dies very weird death !!!
...and it was a shadow which was comong closer, and closer, and closer..............
ilovecjs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How long did that take u 2 write? It's miles long and I'm sure it's very good, cept I can't be bothered to read it...You should be a writer!
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd take out the "HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPP" if i were you. It made me laugh. Perhaps you could shorten it to "HELP". A novel idea, i know!
sassy_j
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh i see lol

i did think that but i wanted to make sure!

its a good story :-)

x x x
prince_capri
Rep:
?
(Original post by sassy_j)
oh i see lol

i did think that but i wanted to make sure!

its a good story :-)

x x x

thanx...at least someone rsespects a good writer !!!
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by prince_capri)
thanx...at least someone rsespects a good writer !!!
have you read my story, well autobiography?
prince_capri
Rep:
?
(Original post by CrzySxyCool)
have you read my story, well autobiography?

yea....thats really scary.......lol
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by prince_capri)
yea....thats really scary.......lol
no i i was being serious, i posted my autobiography on here once, have you seen it?
prince_capri
Rep:
?
no i i was being serious, i posted my autobiography on here once, have you seen it?

no, i have not
i wuld love to read it !!!
where is it ???
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sometimes people take things for granted, it could be something small but it my case it was a life changing experience I will never forget.
I always wanted to be in a bit later, watch TV a bit longer, have an extra friend to stay but with my mum it was the same old story, “your too young, your only 13” or the usual “im not like everyone else’s mother”. I can see her point now but at the time it was a completely different story.
It was a Friday morning, not like any other, I felt different. I knew something was wrong, I could feel this feeling in the bottom of my stomach but I couldn’t for life of me figure out what it could be, hurt? Anger? Well then it hit me, I was in the middle of doing my makeup. I was going on holiday with my mates that night so I had been looking forward to it for ages, the excitement, and the anxiety of meeting new people. My dad then walked into my room, everything about him seemed tired from his eyes to the low stagger he had entered the room with. “Hannah I need to talk to you” he stuttered. I could feel the pain in his voice, then the words escaped from his mouth. “Your mother has been in a terrible accident, we don’t think she’s going to make it”. I froze almost unbelieving of the words that had just blurted from his breath, unable to talk, unable to move, my mind spinning so fast I thought it was going to explode. I tried to force to bring myself to cry but as I gazed into the mirror I was expressionless.
As begin to face the realisation of what I had just been told I ran outside with tears streaming down my face, I realised how? I later found out that her current boyfriend of only 5 months had hit her. I was amazed, to even hit a grown man was one thing but a self confessed alcoholic man to hit a petite woman was a completely different story and it made me feel so sick I thought I was dying myself, the gut wrenching pain felt as if my heart was separating into millions of tiny pieces. A burst of hatred surged through my body, I started hitting everything I could get my hands on, glasses, chucking glasses at my wall, breaking things and every part of my body wanted to throw my body against the wall or the ground to stop the agonising pain that was inside me.
Everything from there to the long stretch of houses and fields on the way to Shrewsbury is still a blur in my mind. I wouldn’t speak a word I just felt like I was so alone, my mum was my whole world and I knew that nothing was going to bring her back.
The drive was over. We had arrived at the hospital. I stepped out of the car and my legs seemed to just give way with all the heartache and stress I had been going through in the last few hours. My whole family were in the waiting room waiting to hear the news that was to follow.
I had people coming from either side of me holding me as my tears got the better of me. At this point I felt incredibly proud and honoured to be part of such a close Irish family.
Then came the news, my mum Helen Mary Healy had died on her 38th birthday the 20th of July 2002. My whole body went numb from the tips of my toes to the highest point of my body. I went into a room with my mum, she seemed so cold, as if

I was in some horrible twisted dream I thought I was going to snap my fingers and wake up.
As I leaned over to give her a kiss goodbye I saw how beautiful she really was and what a wonderful woman she had been during her life. I said I love you and gently kissed her on her forehead I couldn’t believe I was 14 and had said goodbye to my mother. I know my mum loved me very much in a way she felt her mother was now with the angels and looking after her. Now my mother will be doing the same for me from above always. No words can describe the feeling that is with me and will be for the rest of my life.
Her father has lost his youngest child, sisters and brothers have lost a beloved sister and I have lost one of the greatest people I will ever know in my life.
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its not that good but i wrote it in about 45 minutes so im quite proud of it.
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Sometimes people take things for granted, it could be something small but it my case it was a life changing experience I will never forget.
I always wanted to be in a bit later, watch TV a bit longer, have an extra friend to stay but with my mum it was the same old story, “your too young, your only 13” or the usual “im not like everyone else’s mother”. I can see her point now but at the time it was a completely different story.
It was a Friday morning, not like any other, I felt different. I knew something was wrong, I could feel this feeling in the bottom of my stomach but I couldn’t for life of me figure out what it could be, hurt? Anger? Well then it hit me, I was in the middle of doing my makeup. I was going on holiday with my mates that night so I had been looking forward to it for ages, the excitement, and the anxiety of meeting new people. My dad then walked into my room, everything about him seemed tired from his eyes to the low stagger he had entered the room with. “Hannah I need to talk to you” he stuttered. I could feel the pain in his voice, then the words escaped from his mouth. “Your mother has been in a terrible accident, we don’t think she’s going to make it”. I froze almost unbelieving of the words that had just blurted from his breath, unable to talk, unable to move, my mind spinning so fast I thought it was going to explode. I tried to force to bring myself to cry but as I gazed into the mirror I was expressionless.
As begin to face the realisation of what I had just been told I ran outside with tears streaming down my face, I realised how? I later found out that her current boyfriend of only 5 months had hit her. I was amazed, to even hit a grown man was one thing but a self confessed alcoholic man to hit a petite woman was a completely different story and it made me feel so sick I thought I was dying myself, the gut wrenching pain felt as if my heart was separating into millions of tiny pieces. A burst of hatred surged through my body, I started hitting everything I could get my hands on, glasses, chucking glasses at my wall, breaking things and every part of my body wanted to throw my body against the wall or the ground to stop the agonising pain that was inside me.
Everything from there to the long stretch of houses and fields on the way to Shrewsbury is still a blur in my mind. I wouldn’t speak a word I just felt like I was so alone, my mum was my whole world and I knew that nothing was going to bring her back.
The drive was over. We had arrived at the hospital. I stepped out of the car and my legs seemed to just give way with all the heartache and stress I had been going through in the last few hours. My whole family were in the waiting room waiting to hear the news that was to follow.
I had people coming from either side of me holding me as my tears got the better of me. At this point I felt incredibly proud and honoured to be part of such a close Irish family.
Then came the news, my mum Helen Mary Healy had died on her 38th birthday the 20th of July 2002. My whole body went numb from the tips of my toes to the highest point of my body. I went into a room with my mum, she seemed so cold, as if

I was in some horrible twisted dream I thought I was going to snap my fingers and wake up.
As I leaned over to give her a kiss goodbye I saw how beautiful she really was and what a wonderful woman she had been during her life. I said I love you and gently kissed her on her forehead I couldn’t believe I was 14 and had said goodbye to my mother. I know my mum loved me very much in a way she felt her mother was now with the angels and looking after her. Now my mother will be doing the same for me from above always. No words can describe the feeling that is with me and will be for the rest of my life.
Her father has lost his youngest child, sisters and brothers have lost a beloved sister and I have lost one of the greatest people I will ever know in my life.
was that really true...whatever it was...it was heart-wrenching !!!
if it was true,i am really, really, really, really sorry to hear that !!!
Well, at this point, i cannot really express my feelings
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
weres the ghost story?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (89)
21.76%
No (320)
78.24%

Watched Threads